Author Topic: Does Larry really enjoy U2 anymore?  (Read 5902 times)

Offline bondylan

• Running to Stand Still
Re: Does Larry really enjoy U2 anymore?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2014, 11:56:08 PM »
They all looked pretty happy on Fallon and at the Oscars.They just want the recording process over so they could get out there and do what they do best which is perform live.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2014, 01:08:11 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
They all looked pretty happy on Fallon and at the Oscars.They just want the recording process over so they could get out there and do what they do best which is perform live.

Indeed it is what they do best!

Since we all seem to want the same thing, here's to hoping we can soon celebrate the gift of just that - sooner rather than later!!  :-*

Offline Doreen Mac

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2014, 07:04:34 PM »
The only ones who seem to be enjoying themselves is Bono and the Edge.  Adam, seems as if he is forcing himself to half way sing "Happy Birthday" and well again, Larry, looks like he would rather be any where else but there....He looked like that even at the Oscars, Jimmy Fallon, etc,.  :(

Offline Gypsy Heart

• Wanderer
  • Smell The Flowers While You Can ...
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2014, 11:08:41 PM »
Back pain can be miserable !

alright I do understand, but I'm sure he had the option of saying no rather than showing up like he was going to a funeral. Poor birthday guy...

I do know what back pain means, from own experience.
As for Nanda's point of view ... well, you should be well aware that U2 is a business company, and when you're in a company you cannot always say "No, thanks". That's they way showbiz works, I hope you understand what I mean ...

Offline Doreen Mac

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2014, 12:49:19 PM »
I don't know if his back pain is the cause of him appearing to be so miserable or not.  I have watched some great interviews recently with him regarding his performances in the films that he is in.  He seems much happier... I think there are far worse things in the world than being in the studio recording an album as someone referenced that may be the reason he looks so miserable...

Offline bondylan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2014, 10:02:13 PM »
Maybe he's been reading all these threads .

satellitedog01

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2014, 01:01:32 AM »
Larry bathes in liquid U2, when he gets in the mood he spreads jellied U2 all over his precious body and slides about his mansion for hours daily, up and down the stairs too. He grates ripened old U2 over his pasta at the dinner table and sips fiery vintage U2 after meals by the fireplace, reminiscing about the golden sunbeams glistening on the glory of U2. When he dreams his dreams are about flight and cosmic U2-ness, and when he wakes he goes to the bathroom and releases that cosmic U2-ness into the bowl, and then puts menthol-U2 on his toothbrush to polish his steel teeth, after which he breakfasts flaked U2 with U2 milk.

Larry loves U2 above and beyond all.

Offline Smithy

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2014, 01:54:31 AM »
Maybe after 5 years without an album he's sick of being in a studio with Bono? Wouldn't blame him, and I wouldn't be surprised if Bono and Edge are holding up the process with their perfectionist nature.. hence delay after delay.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2014, 10:05:48 AM »
Larry bathes in liquid U2, when he gets in the mood he spreads jellied U2 all over his precious body and slides about his mansion for hours daily, up and down the stairs too. He grates ripened old U2 over his pasta at the dinner table and sips fiery vintage U2 after meals by the fireplace, reminiscing about the golden sunbeams glistening on the glory of U2. When he dreams his dreams are about flight and cosmic U2-ness, and when he wakes he goes to the bathroom and releases that cosmic U2-ness into the bowl, and then puts menthol-U2 on his toothbrush to polish his steel teeth, after which he breakfasts flaked U2 with U2 milk.

You might be on to something here! :)

satellitedog01

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2014, 12:45:28 PM »
I am.

Offline Pocket Merlin

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2014, 11:55:04 PM »

This sounds like a sequence that should have been made into a video and incorporated into Pop/PopMart somehow.

satellitedog01

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2014, 01:03:33 AM »
It was, but they didn't dare make it public.

meximofo

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2014, 09:25:14 AM »
Maybe he's been reading all these threads .
Indeed  ;)

Offline OnlyU2

• Holy Joe
  • Who's to say what it is will break you
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2014, 10:45:28 PM »
doesn't look too happy

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

satellitedog01

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2014, 12:21:33 AM »
No, no, no. He's just mentally reciting the acting lessons he took from Bill Nighy.