Author Topic: Who may be considered as opening acts for U2  (Read 38694 times)

Offline cinders

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Who may be considered as opening acts for U2
« Reply #240 on: April 21, 2015, 09:41:37 AM »
I wonder ,if they are having an opening act in London, who it will be.? I hope NOT Kanye West! I beleive he's a friend of bonos, but ,loathe that kind of music! Give me artcic monkeys or Royal Blood. even better an extra long U 2 concert! I hope they arnt doing one night acoustic, one rock, as we should have a choice. i'd choose a rock night personally. We shall see.

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
  • here comes the car chase!
« Reply #241 on: April 21, 2015, 09:44:26 AM »
it would be better if there was no opening act. 99% of the time, most of the crowd aren't intersted in them, which makes it worse for the people who are. it can be a bit awkward watching a band trying to pump a crowd who don't give a hoot.

i'd prefer an extended u2 show allowing more time for the newer stuff and rarities.

Offline Bhawx10

• Stateless
  • Everything You Know is Wrong
« Reply #242 on: April 21, 2015, 10:02:47 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I wonder ,if they are having an opening act in London, who it will be.? I hope NOT Kanye West! I beleive he's a friend of bonos, but ,loathe that kind of music! Give me artcic monkeys or Royal Blood. even better an extra long U 2 concert! I hope they arnt doing one night acoustic, one rock, as we should have a choice. i'd choose a rock night personally. We shall see.
I would love to see either Royal Blood or Arctic Monkeys. It would be nice for a longer show but I also love to see these new and emerging bands perform live.

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #243 on: April 21, 2015, 11:02:21 AM »
I keep on thinking there must be something special about the screen they will use. Maybe that's why we wonder. I mean, if there will be something great on the screen maybe no support?

We will find out............

Waffles

« Reply #244 on: April 21, 2015, 11:04:57 AM »
Plot twist, a band will FaceTime the audience through an amazing screen

Offline jocu2

• Wanderer
« Reply #245 on: April 22, 2015, 12:38:41 PM »

Hothouse Flowers

Hothouse Flowers are coming to Brooklyn Bowl London!
Get exclusive presale tickets

Presale tickets available from 12PM tomorrow

Brace yourselves! Legendary Irish rock band Hothouse Flowers are playing three shows at Brooklyn Bowl London on 24, 25 and 26 October.

The band's three shows will coincide with the six-night U2 residency at The O2. Be sure to take advantage of this rare London appearance by Hothouse Flowers as they perform a headline show on Saturday as well as U2 pre-show sets on Sunday and Monday.

From an email that I texted from axs
.com
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 12:40:48 PM by jocu2 »

Offline achtungx

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Lillywhite Called Me a Naughty British Slang Word
« Reply #246 on: April 22, 2015, 03:08:59 PM »
They should just have surprise performances as the opening acts...people who were their idols when they were growing up or were a baby band... New York would be a great place to see Bowie open for them... just saying...

:-)

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #247 on: April 22, 2015, 06:33:18 PM »

Hothouse Flowers

Hothouse Flowers are coming to Brooklyn Bowl London!
Get exclusive presale tickets

Presale tickets available from 12PM tomorrow

Brace yourselves! Legendary Irish rock band Hothouse Flowers are playing three shows at Brooklyn Bowl London on 24, 25 and 26 October.

The band's three shows will coincide with the six-night U2 residency at The O2. Be sure to take advantage of this rare London appearance by Hothouse Flowers as they perform a headline show on Saturday as well as U2 pre-show sets on Sunday and Monday.

From an email that I texted from axs
.com

Ok, I didn't read that email from AXS properly. I'm a bit confused, but it's kinda a false alarm I think.

Brooklyn Bowl is under the Dome, but outside the O2 arena. It's a 10-pin bowling venue, restaurant, & has live music on occasions. So Hothouse Flowers will be performing near U2, under the dome, but in a different venue, so are in no way supporting U2. Hothouse Flower shows are on 24th, 25, & 26th October, so will coincide with London 1 & 2. 17, doors at 16:00, show at 17:30, so may be a good warm up for those with seats for U2.

I liked Hothouse Flowers, back in the day, & have seen them live. But I am hoping for a different old school band, one I've never seen live. Simple Minds. They've also got their own arena shows at London's O2 & Glasgow's Hydro only a week after U2, so I thought backing U2 at the same venue would be a good warm up for them. Bring on Simple Minds! Or maybe no opener, which looks like a distinct possibility.

^Bowie  :o I like you're thinking.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 07:12:28 PM by d.darroch »

Offline Tuolumne

• Stateless
« Reply #248 on: April 22, 2015, 09:45:29 PM »
If we were going old school, I'd vote for Big Country (RIP Stuart), but they are on tour in the UK in May. 
I doubt U2 would go that route. More likely someone newer.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #249 on: April 22, 2015, 11:42:52 PM »
Ok, how about old school for innocence nights, & newbie for experience nights (or vice versa, if the separate nights are based on themes, not the age of songs).

Offline Lixard52

• Stateless
« Reply #250 on: April 24, 2015, 11:58:42 AM »
It'll be Future Islands. Bono loves "Seasons" and look what the band tweeted last year:

They also sent Slash a case of Guinness around the same time.  Maybe it's just a thing they do.

Offline Lixard52

• Stateless
« Reply #251 on: April 24, 2015, 12:00:34 PM »
I'll put my money on Lykke Li. Especially for the shows in Sweden I think it's likely that she will open the shows, but also abroad - she's not "arena"-big, but still known. I just hope it's not wishful thinking :)

I thought this too, but she had to cancel her own tour in January because she said the rigors of touring had made her ill.