Pop
1 (7.7%)
Elevation
2 (15.4%)
Vertigo
6 (46.2%)
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Which tour had the best opening acts  (Read 1677 times)

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
Re: Which tour had the best opening acts
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2014, 07:03:50 PM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Glasvegas were immense in dublin on 360

I enjoyed their set more than u2's

Remind me why you still post on this forum?

Is it because I can and want to. . .

I just don't understand why you would waste your time here if you don't think U2 is good anymore, that's all. I generally like Metallica and I know a lot about their history, but they have a lot of flaws to me and aren't close to being in my top 10 bands, so I have no reason to go on a Metallica forum.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2014, 07:35:29 PM »

I just don't understand why you would waste your time here if you don't think U2 is good anymore, that's all. I generally like Metallica and I know a lot about their history, but they have a lot of flaws to me and aren't close to being in my top 10 bands, so I have no reason to go on a Metallica forum.
Instead of you making remarks like 'why did you comment' and 'remind me why you post here' which you have done twice of late or your assumption i am 'wasting my time here' you could go about trying to appreciate and respect someone elses opinions - i am a u2 fan of nearly 30 years - yes i have found the band largely disappointing in the last decade, but i have also still had good experiences like manchester in 01, cardiff in 05 and a little bit of their output in the 00s - for example i love stateless, disappearing act, MOS, and kite. .. I don't think those songs are at the level of u2 at their peak, but they are songs i enjoy quite a lot. I enjoy this forum and until such a time as i stop doing so or should the admin/mods here decide i am not welcome i'll continue to be a part of here. I don't need to explain myself to you, but i am happy to engage with anybody here - despite your what i consider unecessary barbs.

If you have an issue with my posting here then i can't help that, you can ignore me, report posts to mods if you want, or maybe have a more open mind to what i post - i cant control that either way.

Anyway - thats all i am saying on it - this is a u2 forum not a forum to discuss why people are here and i am sure that there is a 'rule' in place to discuss topics not posters - plus its boring for others i would imagine.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 07:46:51 PM by an tha »

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2014, 08:23:25 PM »

Instead of you making remarks like 'why did you comment' and 'remind me why you post here' which you have done twice of late or your assumption i am 'wasting my time here' you could go about trying to appreciate and respect someone elses opinions - i am a u2 fan of nearly 30 years - yes i have found the band largely disappointing in the last decade, but i have also still had good experiences like manchester in 01, cardiff in 05 and a little bit of their output in the 00s - for example i love stateless, disappearing act, MOS, and kite. .. I don't think those songs are at the level of u2 at their peak, but they are songs i enjoy quite a lot. I enjoy this forum and until such a time as i stop doing so or should the admin/mods here decide i am not welcome i'll continue to be a part of here. I don't need to explain myself to you, but i am happy to engage with anybody here - despite your what i consider unecessary barbs.

If you have an issue with my posting here then i can't help that, you can ignore me, report posts to mods if you want, or maybe have a more open mind to what i post - i cant control that either way.

Anyway - thats all i am saying on it - this is a u2 forum not a forum to discuss why people are here and i am sure that there is a 'rule' in place to discuss topics not posters - plus its boring for others i would imagine.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to strike a chord here.