Author Topic: New Bono interview with Amanda Brunker  (Read 14464 times)

Offline berg2056

• Babyface
Re: New Bono interview with Amanda Brunker
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2014, 09:40:29 PM »
The talk about two albums had me excited when I first heard it, but now it has me worried. How will they release them: a double album, two unrelated projects, a staggered release? Bono has just guaranteed that, no matter how good the first album is, there will be a ton of people who will be disappointed and see the double album concept as a waste of time, if they do release 2 album, and one  or both are mediocre, they will be criticized again for wasting time on a concept instead of releasing one cohesive album around 2012. Finally, what are they going to do about touring? With 2 albums, they would have twice the material to play live. Can a band like U2 regularly dedicate 8-12 songs of new material per venue and still have a successful tour?

Offline Zoo_TV

• Wanderer
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2014, 04:43:22 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Can a band like U2 regularly dedicate 8-12 songs of new material per venue and still have a successful tour?

Absolutely they can.   Look at ZooTV tour, first 8 songs were from the new "AB" and they played a total of 10 from that album.  But the problem is the new album would have to be as strong as AB was .... highly doubtful from just hearing Invisible.

Offline berg2056

• Babyface
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2014, 11:16:25 AM »
Can a band like U2 regularly dedicate 8-12 songs of new material per venue and still have a successful tour?

Absolutely they can.   Look at ZooTV tour, first 8 songs were from the new "AB" and they played a total of 10 from that album.  But the problem is the new album would have to be as strong as AB was .... highly doubtful from just hearing Invisible.

That was my point. It is not that they can't, but more of the fact that there would need to be strength of material to justify a double album, otherwise it would have made more sense to release one pretty good album 2 years ago rather than 2 pretty good albums now.

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2014, 11:30:31 AM »
It would make more sense to release an album this summer and then put the next one out in time for the Christmas rush. They could do what they did with Zooropa and incorporate a few of those tunes into the set for the rest of the tour.