Author Topic: 6 things I would like to see before U2 calls it a day  (Read 3004 times)

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
Re: 6 things I would like to see before U2 calls it a day
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2014, 08:51:51 AM »
Maybe their last concert should be at Red Rocks performing the exact same setlist of the 1983 show. I could dig that.

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2014, 08:59:32 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Maybe their last concert should be at Red Rocks performing the exact same setlist of the 1983 show. I could dig that.
Nah, they'll never remind people of how they have aged like that!

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2014, 09:04:33 AM »
Personally, I don't see the Red Rocks show as being significant enough to re-enact or finish their career paying tribute to.  And there's far too much other great material that came after War to ignore.

If they were going to do a "last concert", I could see it being more along the lines of Smashing Pumpkins in 2000, or LCD Soundsystem's last show.  Just a big concert packed with hits and obscurities, celebrating their history.

Offline New Zooland

• Refugee
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2014, 09:23:56 AM »
1. Appear in their own Monkees-style sitcom where they get into madcap adventures.

2. A sequel to Rattle and Hum, Rattle and Hummer, which follows them driving around their haunts in NYC, the South of France, Florida and Dublin in a Hummer.

3. A U2 presented game/variety show for Japan or South America.

4. An album of duets with David Bowie, Thom Yorke, Bjork and Jarvis Cocker.

5. A satellite radio show, where each week they each take turns play their favourite tunes.

6. The return of the giant, mechanical Lemon.

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2014, 06:55:16 PM »
The more original material they release the better, in my view.
I guess we all expect something ORIGINAL. The question is... Original meaning new, different from whatever they have been doing all these decades... Or original like taking them back in time, as if it were a rebirth? I think this may be the problem when it comes to the need of another album with no reissues, which BTW I do not wish at all... No more reissues of reissues... Plz! Of course, I do agree with you. And in case you want to know my answer, I posted it a couple of days ago in this very thread. That's what I call original, no matter whether it is feasible plan, idea, proyect or not to them... IMO, they're having low opinions of themselves, and the result could be songs as poor and low-rate as OL and Invisible.

Original = not a cover song