Author Topic: Other rock stars views of U2  (Read 29801 times)

Offline u2live

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: Other rock stars views of U2
« Reply #150 on: May 28, 2014, 08:54:23 AM »
Rollins who's real last name is Garfield..........wishes he were able to get his message across like Bono does but obviously is the jealous type.   Grew up without a dad so I'm sure that contributed to his outspoken rebelious attitude

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • I’m born again to the latest sound
« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2014, 10:34:00 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Billy Coragan
Smashing Pumpkins

It was 1983 I was 16, and from the moment I heard New years day it was unlike anything I ever heard it was fierce, political,passionate they quickly became the most important band in the world to me.
New Year's Day is amazing, I can't believe U2 guys were just around 23 back then. Good taste by Corgan

Agreed! NYD is the song that made me notice them. Still love it.

Offline bondylan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2014, 10:11:45 PM »
Tom Smith
EDITORS

When asked by an interviewer to say one word to describe U2, Tom replied "expensive"!

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #153 on: May 29, 2014, 09:55:17 PM »
Interviewer:  If you could push a button that would magically guarantee an end to the chaos in Iraq, but you would have to walk around with ‘Bono Rules’ tattooed to your forehead for the rest of your days, would you do it?

Henry Rollins:  No, but I would do it on your forehead for busfare.

To which Bono, on hearing of this interview, said "Henry who?"

Offline bondylan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #154 on: May 29, 2014, 10:09:01 PM »
It doesn't always bother me when another artist criticize' s U2, I'm still a fan of The Bunnymen and The Cure despite their opinions of U2's music. It could possibly be jealousy on their part for all the adoration U2 recieves, but Henry Rollins just runs his mouth way to much. It reveals his desperate attempt for attention.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 11:04:44 PM by bondylan »

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #155 on: May 29, 2014, 11:40:56 PM »
It doesn't always bother me when another artist criticize' s U2, I'm still a fan of The Bunnymen and The Cure despite their opinions of U2's music. It could possibly be jealousy on their part for all the adoration U2 recieves, but Henry Rollins just runs his mouth way to much. It reveals his desperate attempt for attention.

most criticism of other artists is

Offline bondylan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #156 on: June 05, 2014, 11:27:41 PM »
BB king

" U2 is a fantastic group ,they didn't get to be number 1 for nothing they earned it" .

Offline bondylan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #157 on: June 05, 2014, 11:37:33 PM »
Matt Nathanson
singer songwriter

"U2 is like the greatest band in the world".

Offline imedi

• Child of Grace
« Reply #158 on: June 19, 2014, 02:04:01 AM »
just read that shakira lists u2 as her fave band and with or without you as her top song

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #159 on: June 19, 2014, 02:46:28 AM »

Cheers,

J

Offline bondylan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #160 on: June 19, 2014, 11:34:36 PM »
Robbie Williams on U2

Offline Sunchild

• Stateless
« Reply #161 on: June 20, 2014, 01:28:08 AM »
It amazes me how some bands feel the need to diss U2 and in return U2 says something kind or complimentary about their music, case in point U2 has always spoke kindly about The Bunnymen and Edge recently gave a thumbs up to The Cure' s A Forrest . Apart from Bono and Edges drunkin remarks about Phil Collins ,I have never heard them diss a band point blank .

It speaks about the grace they carry, beauty is everywhere, even in what social morale would call the worst kind of human beings on planet. Someone who calls someone egocentric only reveals and projects their own ego. That's a beauty of reflection, because what irritates you in other people is actually only an aspect of yourself. Having an ego is necessary, the question is how much it drives you, and how much is there a room for God to speak. I see a very healthy ego from Bono myself, most of the time, but there's a possibility to be lost in it too. 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 01:31:05 AM by Sunchild »

Offline david

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #162 on: August 03, 2014, 11:40:33 AM »
From Cork, the Sultans of Ping were one of the few Irish acts to have a pop at their fellow countrymen in U2 on many an occasion. I remember that even the art work from this particular single was in Achtung Baby font (it was 1992) and read 'U talk 2 much'. To this day they blame U2'-loving Hot Press magazine for their demise:

Offline Cam501

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #163 on: August 03, 2014, 04:13:21 PM »
Billy Coragan
Smashing Pumpkins

It was 1983 I was 16, and from the moment I heard New years day it was unlike anything I ever heard it was fierce, political,passionate they quickly became the most important band in the world to me.
New Year's Day is amazing, I can't believe U2 guys were just around 23 back then. Good taste by Corgan

Never realized he's only 6-7 yrs younger than the bandmates of U2.  I tend to associate Smashing Pumpkins with a different era of music (on a side note- SP put on a heck of a show when I saw them in '96 but it was ruined by the jack***es behind us who were yelling at us for standing when they were the only ppl in the arena sitting)

After reading bondylan's post about Rob Thomas saying that U2 is the greatest band ever and trying to find when Rob Thomas said that, I found this--a handful of musicians talking about their favorite U2 song: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Apparently, Taylor Swift is a fan.
wow, I just lost a little bit of my love for U2!

Let's not be so harsh.  I'm a die hard U2 fan but I'll admit I like a couple Taylor Swift songs.  I also think it's great that she's a fan.  People from all genre's can enjoy the music we know and love.

Offline Parsons

• Child of Grace
  • I've seen love conquer the great divide.
« Reply #164 on: November 02, 2014, 12:11:28 AM »