Author Topic: 3 tips for Bono and his writers block  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Runtmg

• Refugee
3 tips for Bono and his writers block
« on: April 10, 2014, 11:48:56 PM »
Bono has had writers block a few times in his career, most notably Achtung Baby.  It took the writing of One and the Fly to break that.  So here is my three tips for Bono.

1. Delegate all save the world, party with (Insert name of rich sob here) work to someone else.

If your not going to treat this new record seriously then who is?

2.  Listen to Flood.

Oh dear lord, put yourself out there.  Throw away the paint by numbers U2.  Your 54 years old l (almost).  Your more like Mickey Rourke from the wrestler.  The fragility, the weakness of growing old.  The long road of love etc.

3- read more books

TJT still stands as your most complete album.  Part of the inspiration for that album was ok tie books you had read.

What are your tips?

Offline Gypsy Heart

• Wanderer
  • Smell The Flowers While You Can ...
Re: 3 tips for Bono and his writers block
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 12:14:09 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Bono has had writers block a few times in his career, most notably Achtung Baby.  It took the writing of One and the Fly to break that.  So here is my three tips for Bono.

1. Delegate all save the world, party with (Insert name of rich sob here) work to someone else.

If your not going to treat this new record seriously then who is?

2.  Listen to Flood.

Oh dear lord, put yourself out there.  Throw away the paint by numbers U2.  Your 54 years old l (almost).  Your more like Mickey Rourke from the wrestler.  The fragility, the weakness of growing old.  The long road of love etc.

3- read more books

TJT still stands as your most complete album.  Part of the inspiration for that album was ok tie books you had read.

What are your tips?

Your first tip has been at the top of the list for years now, I guess. Bono needs to sit down and start taking the art of concentration seriously. Too many situations from here and there around his life, bombing his mind, literally speaking. He must bite the bullet and leave all that saving-the-world issue ... I do think we, fans, (and btw he himself) have had enough of it.

I wouldn't say Bono is to read more books. Right on the contrary, when you are a writer, using other people's work to soak your brain will actually cause a hugher block.

Again, concentration is the key for success for Bono. Perhaps living in Tibet alone (I am not kidding), for a couple of months, no temptations of any kind playing the creepy-crawlies role, would be the perfect environment for him.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 12:18:27 AM by Gypsy Heart »

Offline Gypsy Heart

• Wanderer
  • Smell The Flowers While You Can ...
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 12:45:06 AM »
Just one more comment: I do not know if, during U2 history, Bono accepted ideas from fans to write them down. I mean, if this is not the case, why not asking common, ordinary people to help him with lyrics? I am well aware this situation, though possible, would not be probable, but ... there is nothing to lose... don't you think?. I am sure there exist lots of fans who, as a hobby or as a job, make music, are writers, work with art, and they are amazing at whatever they do.  ;)

Offline Mr. Sarajevo 20

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 11:02:07 AM »
Didn't Bono once say that he didn't believe in writer's block?

Something to the effect of..."If you have writers block, write about that".

I saw a quote from him about this subject about 25 years ago.

Offline Runtmg

• Refugee
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 02:25:14 AM »

Edge I believe wrote that about a literary teacher describing writers block.

Offline Messenger

• Running to Stand Still
  • The universe is beautiful but cold.
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 07:54:23 AM »

Edge I believe wrote that about a literary teacher describing writers block.

I seem to remember Bono saying something like that, he was talking about a conversation he had with his English teacher when they were talking about some Irish poet/writer how had writer's block. Though I may have gotten the details wrong, that's the gist of it and I definitely thought of it when these "reports" came out.