Author Topic: U2 Would you rather  (Read 3189 times)

Offline AchtU2g

• Stateless
  • Hold onto something so tight, u've already lost it
U2 Would you rather
« on: April 15, 2014, 08:50:46 AM »
U2 themed Would you Rather

WYR....
U2 decide to scrap all their current songs and instead release a rap album featuring covers of some of Jay Z's songs, along with some...lovely rap tunes inspired by the woeful plight of Miley Cyrus in her Wrecking Ball video. Despite the fans' outrage and some rather odd lyrics, the album streaks to the top of the charts and earns an unexpected 5/5 review from the Rolling Stone magazine. After some subtle suggestions from Guy Oseary, the band then agree to film a Lady Gaga/Miley-style video for the new song Boyz in da Elavayta which features them dressed in fashionable bikinis in an elevator (Larry looking rather peeved). The video then breaks Gangnam Style's record for the most views on YouTube (RELEVANCE!), although perhaps not because the music was particularly memorable.

OR

Suddenly and mysteriously every song on every music playing device you own (or borrow or even touch-NO CHEATING) is deleted except for Yahweh. Even radios switch off in your presence. You are therefore forced to listen to Yahweh for the rest of your life (even if you absolutely love it I doubt you will in a couple of months/decades), or spend the rest of your pitiful existence humming to yourself. (btw I actually like Yahweh, I just tried to pick a song that is universally ::) hated in this forum. Pls feel free to substitute it with I'll go crazy, Miami or CFYT if that would affect your earth-shattering decision)

Feel free to post your answers and questions!  ;)

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
Re: U2 Would you rather
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 09:05:05 AM »
I... uh.

Jeez, I guess the first option because at least I can listen to the U2 songs of old, and I wouldn't go into a mental breakdown over hearing nothing but Yahweh for the rest of my life.  :D

Now then.

Would you rather...

-Have Bono grow back his entire full mullet he had during the early 80s.

Or

-Have Adam grow back his afro from the October era.

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 09:38:29 AM »
(Couldn't you just buy the songs and put them back on your music-playing device, though? Or do you never have enough money to buy them...)

Um. I say Bono should grow back the mullet, because it was fabulous and Adam's hair can basically not improve any more than it has now.

Okay, WYR... U2's next tour is indoor and intimate and the setlist is mostly hits, or it's another stadium-rocker like 360 but the setlist is mostly deep cuts?

Offline AchtU2g

• Stateless
  • Hold onto something so tight, u've already lost it
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 10:09:31 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
(Couldn't you just buy the songs and put them back on your music-playing device, though? Or do you never have enough money to buy them...)
Nooooooooo when you touch the device they automatically delete......this isn't very realistic is it

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 11:30:18 AM »
Nooooooooo when you touch the device they automatically delete......this isn't very realistic is it
Oh! Oh no, that would be awful for me! (I like Yahweh but not enough to listen to it forever!)
Anyway...

meximofo

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 02:48:06 PM »
Answering the last question: I'd rather see them at stadiums with lots of rarities.
Now, WYR...
U2 releases everything they ever recorded up to Invisible (demos, remixes, early versions, collaborations, bootlegs... everything!), but we will never hear anything new from them, not even the upcoming album.

OR

Everything that is not in the internet by now will be buried forever, but the band keeps releasing new material (who knows if it's good or bad).

Offline Pride

• Numb
  • North Dakota is best Dakota
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 08:28:09 AM »
U2 themed Would you Rather

WYR....
U2 decide to scrap all their current songs and instead release a rap album featuring covers of some of Jay Z's songs, along with some...lovely rap tunes inspired by the woeful plight of Miley Cyrus in her Wrecking Ball video. Despite the fans' outrage and some rather odd lyrics, the album streaks to the top of the charts and earns an unexpected 5/5 review from the Rolling Stone magazine. After some subtle suggestions from Guy Oseary, the band then agree to film a Lady Gaga/Miley-style video for the new song Boyz in da Elavayta which features them dressed in fashionable bikinis in an elevator (Larry looking rather peeved). The video then breaks Gangnam Style's record for the most views on YouTube (RELEVANCE!), although perhaps not because the music was particularly memorable.

OR

Suddenly and mysteriously every song on every music playing device you own (or borrow or even touch-NO CHEATING) is deleted except for Yahweh. Even radios switch off in your presence. You are therefore forced to listen to Yahweh for the rest of your life (even if you absolutely love it I doubt you will in a couple of months/decades), or spend the rest of your pitiful existence humming to yourself. (btw I actually like Yahweh, I just tried to pick a song that is universally ::) hated in this forum. Pls feel free to substitute it with I'll go crazy, Miami or CFYT if that would affect your earth-shattering decision)

Feel free to post your answers and questions!  ;)
Wait, why are Yahweh and CFYT hated on this forum anyway?
Answering the last question: I'd rather see them at stadiums with lots of rarities.
Now, WYR...
U2 releases everything they ever recorded up to Invisible (demos, remixes, early versions, collaborations, bootlegs... everything!), but we will never hear anything new from them, not even the upcoming album.

OR

Everything that is not in the internet by now will be buried forever, but the band keeps releasing new material (who knows if it's good or bad).
Also, the second one, because I'm on the computer right now.

Now, WYR:
Be poor with only Achtung Baby and a CD player,
---------or----------
Be rich with every album but Achtung Baby. (Also no CD player, and no buying).

Offline 2_Shots_Of_Lemon

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • The Banks they're like cathedrals...
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 02:57:55 PM »
I'd take the second option. Sorry but I'm not sure AB is better than every other thing they've made COMBINED.

WYR:
Travel back in time to the PopMart Mexico City concert?
Or...
Travel back to the ZooTV Sydney concert?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 11:57:06 PM by 2_Shots_Of_Lemon »

Offline Pride

• Numb
  • North Dakota is best Dakota
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 11:35:37 AM »
I'd take the second option. Sorry but I'm not sure AB is better than every other thing they've made COMBINED.

WYR:
Travel back in time to the PopMart Mexico City concert?
Or...
Travel back to the ZooTV Sydney concert?
ZooTV.

Would you rather:

Never listen to U2 ever again
-----------------------or-------------------------
Always be listening to your least favorite U2 album?

Offline 2_Shots_Of_Lemon

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 02:25:57 PM »
2nd option. I don't think it's "terrible" (NLOTH), and at least it's something.

WYR:

Only ever listen to U2 singles?
Or...
Only ever listen to B-sides?

meximofo

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2014, 06:30:13 PM »
Hey, what happened to the Slane or Sarajevo option? That was a tough one!
Anyway, I'd rather listen to singles only, since I can listen to TUF, Please, Lemon, One, WOWY, etc.

Now, suppose for a second that the wildest speculations in this forum are actually true and U2 are on the verge of splitting (I can't stress this enough, this is only for the sake of the game!)...
WYR:
Replace Bono with Rick Astley
Or...
Replace Larry with Lars Ulrich?

Offline 2_Shots_Of_Lemon

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2014, 08:23:35 PM »
Sorry, I didn't think people would understand why I picked it. Sarajevo was truly a spectacular and emotional night. I'll ask it again.

Umm... Sorry Larry, but I think Bono is kind of the face of U2 to most people.

Now I'll ask it again,
WYR:
See "U2 Go Home" @ Slane Castle?
Or...
U2 Popmart @ Sarajevo?

meximofo

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2014, 08:48:56 PM »
Thanks Lemon!
Indeed, on one hand you have the best Elevation show (imo), very emotional and in front of U2's "own tribe", and in the other you have a once in a lifetime event. It's not very fun to listen to the Sarajevo bootleg (Bono's voice is absolute crap in NYD and Pride specially), but I'd give anything to be there when it happened and become one with those people who had been through so much. It was really history in the making.
So, in short, Popmart Sarajevo.

OK, moving on. For their future tour, U2 decides to reuse the visuals of past tours, so
WYR:
See them opening up the concert with the Ode to Joy/Zooropa snippets and then Zoo Station (and corresponding visuals)
Or...
See them opening up with Pop Muzik and then Mofo (with the boxer-like entrance and visuals)?

Offline 2_Shots_Of_Lemon

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2014, 10:48:51 PM »
Very tough, I love how in ZooTV they turn off all of the lights, and all you hear in the silence is that sweet nectar of a guitar hook, and then the song explodes when everything kicks in, along with the dramatic stage lighting. But on the other hand, you have an epic buildup with the band making their way in, and it all finally climaxes with Mofo and everyone loses their mind. I think I'd pick ZooTV because it would be cool to see a throwback tour, with the same stage and everything (and maybe a few phone calls...).

You win a contest to spend a weekend with U2, you can do anything you want to with them, and they are happy to do it.
WYR:
Spend time with them in the studio behind the scenes, listening to new songs, And get to be with them while recording/writing.
Or...
Go out and do fun childish shenanigans like go-cart racing, maybe some dumb pranks, chasing paparazzi, and overall just enjoying yourselves.

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2014, 06:07:05 PM »
Funny, in the past I would have said option 2 undoubtedly but now I choose option 1. I like to think I'd be able to help. ::)

Okay, would you rather Bono went shades-less or Edge went beanie-less?