Author Topic: Will Bullet the Blue Sky be added back on tour set list now that's it's being used on Son of Anarchy  (Read 2347 times)

Offline Philaboy1971

• Headache in a Suitcase
It may gain a new audience.

Offline Philaboy1971

• Headache in a Suitcase
From Sons of Anarchy .

Offline MASTER YODA

• Staring at the Sun
  • Patriots 2017!!!
I don't think it'll depend on that

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
i see your point but i hope not. i'm ready for the JT songs to be shelved. PLEASE get rid of WOWY next.

Offline rexstardust

• Refugee
^ Yep.  Unless it's reworked/re-energized/revolutionized I think it's time...  And Bullet has provided some amazing, jaw-dropping live moments but if the band can't perform it any better than they already have, I say move on to new stuff or pull out a old gem that has perhaps been ignored.  I'd prefer an imperfect attempt at performing "Acrobat" than a tired version of a once-great live song. 

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
^Yep. My issue with WOWY is the same. It's tired and phoned in. Why not throw the LONG DORMANT AIWIY in. Sure it's been played at the occasional show, but i mean full on replace WOWY with AIWIY for the entire tour.

Boom Cha!

Did they ever perform Bullet on the 360 tour? I'm having trouble remembering if they did or not.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Did they ever perform Bullet on the 360 tour? I'm having trouble remembering if they did or not.

no.

Offline ehtaerb

• Party Girl/Boy
Agree with most of the comments so far. Bullet, whilst one of my favourite songs, has been played in so many different ways over the years. So unless the band have worked out a new way to play it, I would rather see rare or new songs given some air time.

rexstardust - good shout for Acrobat

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
I'd be okay if they brought it back, given that their performance of the song would do it justice. (So, please no performance like Vertigo Tour)

Offline MASTER YODA

• Staring at the Sun
  • Patriots 2017!!!
you just can't get rid of WOWY...they can't make any new fan bases as bad as it was last tour

Offline MASTER YODA

• Staring at the Sun
  • Patriots 2017!!!
maybe ISHFWILF...but not STREETS or WOWY

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
you just can't get rid of WOWY...they can't make any new fan bases as bad as it was last tour

what? youre saying they cant get rid of it, but it was poorly performed the whole last tour? i think that's the best reason to get it gone finally. they're clearly sick of it.

so to recap

lose:
WOWY
ISHF
Pride

Offline Philaboy1971

• Headache in a Suitcase
I just miss the solo that was done on Zoo TV.

Edgedisciple

what? youre saying they cant get rid of it, but it was poorly performed the whole last tour? i think that's the best reason to get it gone finally. they're clearly sick of it.

so to recap

lose:
WOWY
ISHF
Pride

I agree to drop Pride, it's cooked and burned. I have to say that I've never liked the live guitar sound, too soft, I've always preferred the studio version to the live version. I like ISHF better than the studio version, but I wouldn't miss it that much either. I disagree for WOWY. It's so magic and powerful even when it's played poorly, you can't leave it out of the setlist for no reason at all. Yes, maybe the rendition on the last tour has been inferior compared to the previous ones, but I liked it, it wasn't that bad for me.