Author Topic: Will Bullet the Blue Sky be added back on tour set list now that's it's being used on Son of Anarchy  (Read 2346 times)

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
they should also shelve One.  As great a song as it is, it should be a special occasion track only.

I know this is heresy for some.  Bring it.   ;D

Offline Fortitude78

• Wanderer
It will be back regardless. It complements a lot of stuff on the new album and is still the only song that really provides a good centrepiece guitar solo for The Edge (apart from The Fly).

Offline Fortitude78

• Wanderer
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I just miss the solo that was done on Zoo TV.

Have you seen/heard the version of Bullet from the Live in Boston 2001 DVD?  That is the best, most blistering performance of Bullet ever from The Edge!

Offline scrittoresabino

• Refugee
Bullet the Blue Sky would be a perfect way to jump back into it, whether you're talking about the Arab Spring, Russia and the Ukraine or ISIS, as Philaboy said. I'd love to see it make a comeback, but not as the performance of a previous version - each tour where it's been performed has had a different version and message, and the next one should be no different. It's their quintessential anti-violence song, it's spoken out against Neo-Nazis, gun rights groups, the UNSC, America's actions in Central America and has promoted co-existence. It'd be a shame to bench it now, and it should never have been benched in the first place.

If the reason why it should be brought back is that it's their anti-violence song (which I agree it is), you might just as well argue they should bring back Please instead.   Please is just as appropriate to address almost any situation of civil war/conflict, and it's darker and more bitter in tone.

I also think it's more suited to Bono's current singing voice than Bullet.   He needs to play to his strengths.   He may not be able to get up the sheer power he had in the past, but he's got a great deal of nuance, range and flexibility in expressiveness (more so than he did when his voice was at its physical peak), which is something Please can show to better effect than Bullet.

YES YES YES.  I wouldn't mind a sprinkling here or there of Bullet the Blue Sky.  I would MUCH prefer Please.  That song is soooo much better.  And it got soooo good when they did Please into Streets.  Please could be worked to be paired with almost any song.  It also has far better build up, whereas Bullet can tend to plod along a little, even in tis best performances

Offline scrittoresabino

• Refugee
Off Topic a little.

Considering the sound and the Personal nature of this album, along with what has been happening around the world... I can see Please, Wake Up Dead Man, Gone, and Ground Beneath Her Feet really fitting in.