Author Topic: THANK YOU GUYS (and my apologies)  (Read 1538 times)

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
THANK YOU GUYS (and my apologies)
« on: September 09, 2014, 01:28:15 PM »
Dear U2,

I'm not even halfway through your amazing new album but I want to say how grateful I am for it. Everything that came before it was pretty strange but the way I feel right now is incredible. I understand now you had only one shot at pulling this off and had to take extreme measures to ensure the surprise.

It is awesome.

I'm sorry I ever doubted you, guys. Sorry 'bout that. See you on the road to reconcile ;-)

meximofo

Re: THANK YOU GUYS (and my apologies)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 03:29:20 PM »
That was great, soloyan! Indeed, I think U2 shut down a lot of mouths today.

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 04:03:52 PM »
I think a lot of us are feeling quite awesome right now. Not that many things can achieve this shared feeling.

Offline Velvet Dress

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 04:36:37 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Dear U2,

I'm not even halfway through your amazing new album but I want to say how grateful I am for it. Everything that came before it was pretty strange but the way I feel right now is incredible. I understand now you had only one shot at pulling this off and had to take extreme measures to ensure the surprise.

It is awesome.

I'm sorry I ever doubted you, guys. Sorry 'bout that. See you on the road to reconcile ;-)

QFT.

10am Pacific time is 2am on the 10th for me.   I literally shrieked when I read the news just a while ago.

Offline satellitedog

• Child of Grace
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 04:41:59 PM »
They are on the way to erase 14 crap years of dad-rock from memory, but I'll know for sure in a couple of months.
It's amazing how tired and self indulgent No Line sounds in comparison.

Offline kango

• Desert Rose
  • I know I'm not a hopeless case.
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 05:30:56 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
They are on the way to erase 14 crap years of dad-rock from memory, but I'll know for sure in a couple of months.
It's amazing how tired and self indulgent No Line sounds in comparison.

The real test is do you like it more than La petite mort? It's easily knocked it into 2nd place this year for me.

Offline satellitedog

• Child of Grace
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 05:37:14 PM »
Not a real contest I fear. U2 basically did what I thought they should do, but didn't expect they would. They are righting some wrongs. I wonder how much I still care in the long run, but ATM I am a content machine, which is rare, so there. :-)

Petite Mort has too many brave mistakes, and James are generally not as daring a band as I would like them to be, so they keep releasing the same song over and over and its their less played songs and deep cuts I cherish usually. All In My Mind is still my fave, along with Bitter Virtue and All I'm Saying (a great, but quite typical James song).

Offline AchtU2g

• Stateless
  • Hold onto something so tight, u've already lost it
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 07:14:10 PM »
THANK YOU U2!!! I love it  ;D

Offline Kurukira

• Numb
  • Don't Expect, Suggest.
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 12:09:58 AM »
Thanks, guys!  this album has been a pleasant surprise in more ways than one - can't wait for phase two of your comeback, whatever that is ^_^

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 04:03:41 AM »
I'll add to this - you have turned around a fan here who was ready to call it quits, no mean feat...

Album is fresh, confident, has a nod to the past without blatantly copying it and is the sound of a band who seem to have their confidence and swagger back.

Good work, lads.