Author Topic: Does anybody else love White As Snow....?  (Read 5729 times)

liewerizon

Re: Does anybody else love White As Snow....?
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2009, 04:35:52 PM »
Started out hating it but it gets better after each listen. Love Bono's crisp voice in this track. Probably the most under-rated number on the cd. Still can't stand Cedar of Lebannon though.

Offline EdgeLike

• Stateless
  • http://www.last.fm/user/EdgeLike
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2009, 04:52:27 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Started out hating it but it gets better after each listen. Love Bono's crisp voice in this track. Probably the most under-rated number on the cd. Still can't stand Cedar of Lebannon though.
I actually like Cedars of Lebanon. It is a great way to close the album in my opinion.

How about Unknown Caller though? People think the lyrics are cheesy with the whole restart and reboot thing but I love the song.

satellitedog01

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2009, 06:54:09 PM »
Veni Veni Emanuel...

Cool insight, thanks!

That might be a way to play it live! with a harmonium or organ synths...

joegtheog

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2009, 06:56:08 PM »
I actually like Cedars of Lebanon. It is a great way to close the album in my opinion.

How about Unknown Caller though? People think the lyrics are cheesy with the whole restart and reboot thing but I love the song.

The music is stellar and I still get chills with the droning synth, birdsong and then Edge guitar.....Once again, Bono's lyrical idea is something that no one is trying to pull off nowadays, with the chanted parts quite possibly being the spiritual voice of the creator speaking to a lost soul through their computer, cellphone, ATM, what have you. I love it.  My girlfriend, who has been monitoring my countdown to the album with bemusement and then excitement (since she's not a U2 fan per se) told me that was her favorite after one listen.