Author Topic: Will any songs from NLOTH make the set list on your.  (Read 1155 times)

Offline scrittoresabino

• Refugee
Re: Will any songs from NLOTH make the set list on your.
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 09:47:50 PM »
I really thought Moment of Surrender would be a definite, and perhaps one of the only ones from NLOTH for an undoubted return.  However, after Song of Innocence, and hearing Troubles, Moment of Surrender may be too much in the same vein.

I would LOVE Unknown Caller to return.  This always got a great response...  that is, until the "end".  The way they just let it fade away was too uncertain of a closing, and seemed to confuse people.  But before thee sing a long fade out, people were really won over, at the shows I actually went to and you can also hear all of this on the bootlegs as well.  They really need to plug it into the setlist, do the sing a long toward the end, and then bring the band back in fully to give it a definitive ending.

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2014, 05:43:00 AM »
I can see Magnificent as a setlist regular, with occasional appearances by Boots and Moment of Surrender.

I'd love for them to debut White As Snow or Cedars of Lebanon out of nowhere. I think either could join up comfortably with Raised By Wolves and/or The Troubles in a heavily political part of the set.

Offline Mr. Sarajevo 20

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 09:30:37 AM »
Maybe MOS.

smee

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 09:44:50 AM »
Id be gutted if GOYB or the god awful remox of Crazy tonight returned. Failing that...id be delighted if any of the remaining songs from NLOTH featured

Offline troglodrew

• Babyface
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2014, 10:12:43 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think NLOTH will be the most ignored album on a subsequent tour since Pop.  Maybe moreso.

I did like how Pop songs, though, have managed to creep back into the set lists  since then. I fear that they will drop most everything from NLOTH - I mean, they almost did during 360! It's a shame. I think NLOTH is so incredibly underrated. I've never understood why that album was panned and ATYCLB was embraced. IMO, NLOTH was a very progressive album while ATYCLB was very safe (and, for me, a bit boring).

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2014, 10:14:31 AM »
Five songs from Pop appeared on Elevation. I somehow doubt there will be five songs from NLOTH on the next tour, although perhaps I will be pleasantly surprised.

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2014, 10:39:01 AM »
probably none. Magnificent didn't really go over well live at the shows I was at and was already being dropped a few times during the last leg. I think the only song that stands a chance is Moment of Surrender

Offline Swan269

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • I will sing a new song
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2014, 11:10:39 AM »
only mag, I think Mos will be gone.  I think that only this song can close and they will use something else.

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2014, 03:56:10 PM »
I was a huge fan of the NLOTH songs on 360, so I would love to see at least a few return.

I think Get On Your Boots returns as a setlist regular.  I think there's a decent chance Magnificent is a setlist regular as well. Moment of Surrender's themes loosely fit with those of Sleep Like A Baby Tonight and The Troubles so I could see MOS returning too. 

But I'll go out on a limb and say Fez-Being Born appears.  Don't think it'll be a regular, but maybe a 2nd or 3rd leg addition to the set.

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2014, 09:23:23 PM »
I can see MOS making the occasional appearance, but that's about it at the moment.