Author Topic: Chris Martin featured on Iris  (Read 13848 times)

Offline paddyattitude

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Chris Martin featured on Iris
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2014, 03:37:09 AM »
How can you be sure that's Chris Martin doing the backing vocals? He is not credited in the booklet. So this is pure speculation to me. Same can be said about Dave Stewart with Walk On. If this is true, the real question is, Why is he not credited on the album as the song writer, or even as a co-songwriter?

Edgedisciple

« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2014, 04:44:22 AM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
How can you be sure that's Chris Martin doing the backing vocals? He is not credited in the booklet. So this is pure speculation to me. Same can be said about Dave Stewart with Walk On. If this is true, the real question is, Why is he not credited on the album as the song writer, or even as a co-songwriter?
He's thanked on the closing liners, look again. His contribution is very subtle, but you can hear him if you pay attention.

Offline paddyattitude

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2014, 04:57:14 AM »

He's thanked on the closing liners, look again. His contribution is very subtle, but you can hear him if you pay attention.

it means nothing. he is not mentioned in the credits for the song. and about being thanked by the band, so what? The mayor of Nice, who by the way is very conservative and flirting with far right ideas, is also thanked and he does not sing on any of the songs.
I really wonder how some of you can end up with so quick conclusions.
It is possible he is on the song of course, but he could be on others too.
Maybe i am deaf but i don't hear him on Iris. And i am glad i can't hear him.

Edgedisciple

« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2014, 05:19:50 AM »

it means nothing. he is not mentioned in the credits for the song. and about being thanked by the band, so what? The mayor of Nice, who by the way is very conservative and flirting with far right ideas, is also thanked and he does not sing on any of the songs.
I really wonder how some of you can end up with so quick conclusions.
It is possible he is on the song of course, but he could be on others too.
Maybe i am deaf but i don't hear him on Iris. And i am glad i can't hear him.
No one is attacking you man, so you need to calm down. Wow...

Offline paddyattitude

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2014, 05:40:45 AM »
i don't feel like being attacked.
but some people keep making claims when there is no proof he has been singing on it.
I have checked the credits for the song and he is not mentioned in them.
I am just saying.
Now if you have an actual proof or statement saying he is on the record...

Offline Doc_Holiday

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2014, 08:10:00 AM »
I have enough proof, I can hear his annoying voice. I'm glad it's so drowned out it's almost impossible to hear, but it's there.

If you upmix the source using channel separation you can hear him very very clearly on the back channels of a 5.1 setup. That's definite proof to me
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 08:13:53 AM by Doc_Holiday »

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2014, 08:30:34 AM »
I can hear Chris' perfectly suited vocals. If it's not him, it would be quite odd considering he was w/ the band at Electric Lady Studios. He also helped with Ordinary Love and was personally thanked by Adam from the stage at The Golden Globes last winter. How odd would it be since they are all friends that U2 gets someone else to come in and do vocals that sound exactly like Chris?

We have no written proof, and yes, we're playing Sherlock. The conclusion is still reasonable. It's Chris.

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2014, 09:36:14 AM »
Dave Stewart said on TV that he wrote Walk On ... That's my proof ... Dave Stewart has written some of the biggest songs ever ... Why would he say he wrote Walk On when he didn't ... And Chris Martin is definitely on BVs on Iris ... You can hear him singing ... Clear as day ... Bands have not been crediting people since the dawn of time ... Ask Mick Taylor about the songs/riffs he wrote being credited to Jagger/Richards ... Chances are U2 will return the favour with Coldplay ... It really doesn't matter ... Jack White sung on Danger Danger High Voltage by Electric Six but doesn't get a credit

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2014, 09:50:11 AM »
Dave Stewart said on TV that he wrote Walk On ... That's my proof ... Dave Stewart has written some of the biggest songs ever ... Why would he say he wrote Walk On when he didn't ... And Chris Martin is definitely on BVs on Iris ... You can hear him singing ... Clear as day ... Bands have not been crediting people since the dawn of time ... Ask Mick Taylor about the songs/riffs he wrote being credited to Jagger/Richards ... Chances are U2 will return the favour with Coldplay ... It really doesn't matter ... Jack White sung on Danger Danger High Voltage by Electric Six but doesn't get a credit

Writing an entire song is a more weighty matter and I can't imagine anyone not wanting a credit for that.

Is there more than the interview mentioned by some here to go on?

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2014, 09:51:46 AM »
They might have had the credit bought off them

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2014, 09:53:34 AM »
They might have had the credit bought off them

Still odd.

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2014, 09:55:53 AM »
I agree ... That would work better for lesser known writers ... But not for a Dave Stewart ... Maybe U2 helped the Eurythmics and it was a return favour ... We will never know

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2014, 09:58:37 AM »
I agree ... That would work better for lesser known writers ... But not for a Dave Stewart ... Maybe U2 helped the Eurythmics and it was a return favour ... We will never know

Precisely

Well I want to know!! (stomps feet like a child...)  ;)

Offline ElectricalVoice

• Stateless
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2014, 11:28:43 AM »
If you listen to the start of the song, you can hear "haunting" vocals which kinda sounds like "touch me... angel"  You also hear it over "...Iris...." and at the end of the song.

So Chris Martin got it from here?

Offline bass slap

• Running to Stand Still
  • Hot as a hair dryer.. In your face!
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2014, 02:05:06 PM »
If I was in u2 I would be more than happy for Dave to take the credit for walk on.. Never liked it, but for some reason the boys can't use it enough.