Author Topic: Chris Martin featured on Iris  (Read 13861 times)

Offline nufc_nz

• Stateless
Re: Chris Martin featured on Iris
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2014, 02:20:45 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If you listen to the start of the song, you can hear "haunting" vocals which kinda sounds like "touch me... angel"  You also hear it over "...Iris...." and at the end of the song.

So Chris Martin got it from here?

If you're trying to say they sound the same, you need another listen.

Offline ian ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Child of Grace
  • Don't worry, baby, it'll be alright
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2014, 02:18:56 PM »
i don't feel like being attacked.
but some people keep making claims when there is no proof he has been singing on it.
I have checked the credits for the song and he is not mentioned in them.
I am just saying.
Now if you have an actual proof or statement saying he is on the record...

If you listen to the wail at the start and end of the song, that is most definitely Chris Martin. Like his voice or not, no one else sounds like him.

Offline ian ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Child of Grace
  • Don't worry, baby, it'll be alright
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2014, 02:20:48 PM »
Dave Stewart said on TV that he wrote Walk On ... That's my proof ... Dave Stewart has written some of the biggest songs ever ... Why would he say he wrote Walk On when he didn't ... And Chris Martin is definitely on BVs on Iris ... You can hear him singing ... Clear as day ... Bands have not been crediting people since the dawn of time ... Ask Mick Taylor about the songs/riffs he wrote being credited to Jagger/Richards ... Chances are U2 will return the favour with Coldplay ... It really doesn't matter ... Jack White sung on Danger Danger High Voltage by Electric Six but doesn't get a credit

U2 were playing part of Walk On mixed with part of Original Of The Species at a PopMart soundcheck in Australia. He may have contributed to the song, but unless he was working on it with them for five years, he did not write it out of whole cloth.

Offline nufc_nz

• Stateless
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2014, 02:34:34 PM »
I suggest people youtube "Coldplay Midnight"

Offline OptimaX

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • ZOOPOP
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2015, 11:45:51 AM »
If you listen to the wail at the start and end of the song, that is most definitely Chris Martin. Like his voice or not, no one else sounds like him.

I agree. Listen to the sample they use Live... It is even more reckognisable there...  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

And if that wasn't Chris, than I wonder what was... Because there has to be something: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2015, 02:00:35 PM »
It's very fashionable to 'hate' CM and CP. I loved Parachutes, X&Y and VLV/DAAOHF but didn't like MX or GS, but I do think they have tried to be innovative and do new things, and I think you have to respect that in the last 15 years, no-one has had even close to their level of success.....

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2015, 07:20:28 PM »
The best thing Coldplay have is u2. It stops more people hating them... People expend so much effort hating u2 that they've little left to give

Waffles

« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2015, 09:37:06 PM »

I agree. Listen to the sample they use Live... It is even more reckognisable there...  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

And if that wasn't Chris, than I wonder what was... Because there has to be something: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I thought edge sings live?

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2015, 06:09:06 PM »
Chris Martin is one guy I don't like I never liked the band he tries to imitate Bono too much. Everytime I see him I turn the channel or change the radio. Just don't like him at all.That's my personal opinion of him. He can't sing sounds like crap they try to copycat U2
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 06:41:37 PM by mariamontreal »

Offline Mercurial

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2015, 08:42:03 AM »
Iris is my favorite song off of SOI. The voice in the beginning and end is totally Chris. I think I hear a little Bono, too, it reminds me of Ultraviolet.

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2015, 04:41:25 PM »
I love the song when Bono sings it without him

Waffles

« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2015, 10:21:13 PM »
Coldplays new song "amazing day" put me to sleep. I thought the last album was quite good though.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 10:22:50 PM by Waffles »