Author Topic: Larry in SOI  (Read 2848 times)

Offline ZooClothes

• Precious Stone
  • This is where you can reach me now.
Re: Larry in SOI
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2014, 04:31:02 PM »
I've reached my uber-analyzation point of SoI and one of the things I'm noticing is that Larry is killing it on many of the songs. Miracle, California (especially the cymbals crashing-pounding surf during the guitar solo), Iris, Volcano, RBW, Cedarwood Road, This is Where..... are all standouts for him.

Offline Parsons

• Child of Grace
  • I've seen love conquer the great divide.
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2014, 04:48:27 PM »
Best Larry & Adam driven album since POP, although there were some highlights in the 00's era it's nice to have the rhythm section back in the driver's seat.
Brian ( danger mouse) Burton I believe is the one responsible for the focus on beat since he himself is an accomplished drummer.

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2014, 09:08:01 PM »
I know this isn't SOI, but in Invisible, Larry made extensive use of an electronic drum kit.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Given that this wasn't that long ago, I am going to assume that he is still doing so.  It's him actually hitting the drums (at least for part of the beats - they certainly use prerecorded tracks to double), but this lets him bring out additional sounds.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:15:36 PM by EdgeUK8_my_mind »

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 09:09:18 PM »
And I agree that Larry and Adam totally dominate this album.  I love Edge's sounds, but Larry and Adam brought their A game.