Author Topic: U2 at Fenway Park is a BAD Idea  (Read 609 times)

Offline chefconti

• Babyface
U2 at Fenway Park is a BAD Idea
« on: September 16, 2014, 05:45:55 PM »
I feel the need to voice my opinion on the rumor of Boston Major Marty Walsh supposedly trying to get U2 to play Fenway Park next year.  Let me first preface this by saying that I've lived in Massachusetts my entire 38 years on this planet, love U2, love the Boston Red Sox and have been to Fenway Park 100+ times in my life (including concerts, not just baseball games).

Fenway Park is an AWFUL place for a concert and should absolutely not be where U2 plays when they come to Boston on the next tour.  (1) The acoustics are terrible, (2) most of the seats are extremely far from where the stage is setup in centerfield, (3) the concourses underneath for bathrooms/food/beverage are inadequate and (4) I can't imagine the ballpark being a proper facility for whatever they have planned with regards to audio/visual.

Hoping/praying/wishing they just stick to the TD Bank Garden, although it worries me that now Ray Flynn is supposedly involved in the mission to bring them to Fenway Park.  I read Bono has an affinity for him as he helped get them work visas back in their early days to play the Paradise in Boston.