Author Topic: Rhythm Section Duo Solo / Solo's (Larry and Adam)  (Read 490 times)

Offline vanev74

• Wanderer
Rhythm Section Duo Solo / Solo's (Larry and Adam)
« on: September 18, 2014, 05:17:55 PM »
I would really like to see what can and would happen, both on records and in live shows, if Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen would put together some base guitar and drums duo without Edge guitar/keyboard and Bono's voice.
I really believe if they would collaborate on such an idea and play it live, it would be something really great that all rock&roll fans would appreciate.

They are both unbelievably talented.
Possibly the best at their respective instruments.
We hear Edge and Bono collaborate all the time.
This would make since for singer and guitar player to do so.

I just think that if Adam and Larry collaborated on a rhythm section solo it could be something so unique and display their talents as a focus of a U2 piece of work.
What do you think?

Offline Parsons

• Child of Grace
  • I've seen love conquer the great divide.
Re: Rhythm Section Duo Solo / Solo's (Larry and Adam)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 06:57:37 PM »
That would be very interesting l love the way Larry and Adam sound together. Maybe an instrumental record like Poltergeist, I don't think either of their voices are strong enough to sing lead .

Offline vanev74

• Wanderer
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 09:00:29 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That would be very interesting l love the way Larry and Adam sound together. Maybe an instrumental record like Poltergeist, I don't think either of their voices are strong enough to sing lead .

No singing.
Just a Rhythm Section only solo: Base Guitar and Drums.

Imagine Bullet the Blue Sky with only Base Guitar and Drums.
That would be an extraordinary thing to listen to by itself, if you are into Rhythm Section.
So, if Adam and Larry could collaborate and create something great together to listen to in and of itself, I am all for it.

Offline Alison

• Wanderer
  • Brown eyed girl
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 03:15:58 AM »
Great idea. I'm all for it! I bet they would get the whole stadium dancing, stomping etc.
It's certainly not a mission impossible (pun intended).