Author Topic: 2 hour special  (Read 9577 times)

DMMacdonald96

Re: 2 hour special
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2014, 06:44:15 AM »
is it available to listen to yet?

Offline TheEnd

• Refugee
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2014, 06:44:36 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2014, 07:05:09 AM »
There are loads of radio interviews with Bono on soundcloud, just leave it playing and the next will queue up; good chats with seattle radio and one in germany.

Offline flopro

• Party Girl/Boy
  • The Edge is god... Bono's just a decoy...
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2014, 07:08:54 AM »
Great interview, also how quickly are we going to get 'Song Of Experience' on this new format? Is it all ready to go and be shipped out by U2 and Apple? I'm very interested in what they have up there sleeves now, can't wait for more new U2 music and a new way of listening/watching music, i'm a big fan of Apple as a company and the way they reinvent things, let's see if they can do it again with the biggest band by there side....

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2014, 07:09:40 AM »
Funny that Dave Fanning used Zoo Station and The Fly as experimental sounds.

Either he hasn't heard POP, or totally ignores its existence (just like how U2 pretend it never happened).

Cheers,

J

Offline Chargedvt

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2014, 07:10:41 AM »
Great interview, also how quickly are we going to get 'Song Of Experience' on this new format? Is it all ready to go and be shipped out by U2 and Apple? I'm very interested in what they have up there sleeves now, can't wait for more new U2 music and a new way of listening/watching music, i'm a big fan of Apple as a company and the way they reinvent things, let's see if they can do it again with the biggest band by there side....

Well Bono said the new technology wasn't ready for Innocence but will be for Experience.  Yet we heard in another interview that the technology was 18 months away.  One could surmise the album is 18 months away but I would suggest closer to 12 months.

Offline TheEnd

• Refugee
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2014, 07:24:42 AM »
He also stated that SOE will be the more experimental record of the two and I think he alluded to the fact (or outright stated) that it might be more experimental than NLOTH. Wonder if that holds of if they change their mind again.

Offline zeeTV

• Numb
  • But I can change the world in me... REJOICE
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2014, 07:27:37 AM »
Very Honest interview... LOVED IT.

hahaha i played a hilarious trick on my little kid sister, I called my mums phone on a private number, and got her to answer the phone and played a section of the interview to her, and for like 30 secs she legit thought it was Bono.
Hahahaha her face man, she loves U2, memorized Mysterious ways when she was like 3years old. Ahaha priceless.  :P

lucas.homem

« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2014, 07:36:46 AM »
I believe they'll stick with writing contagious tunes, but now with more sonics.

I don't think it'll be more "strange" than NLOTH.

Offline TheEnd

• Refugee
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2014, 07:39:33 AM »
Yeah, I don't think they will abandon song craft as such. And perhaps he just meant they will continue with a more experimental approach (as on NLOTH) and not that it would be stranger than NLOTH.

Then again, it's Bono. It will probably be something completely different by the time it's released.

Offline Jono

• Running to Stand Still
  • Nice job by #MoteeShoe
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2014, 07:45:57 AM »
Love the rock-hip hop comparison of mother/father abandonment.
Such an insightful man.

Offline BalconyTV

• Numb
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2014, 09:02:21 AM »
good interview. nice to hear bono defending the tunes. but clearly flip flopping on some points.

i think they are immediately doubting the direction of songs of experience based on the critical response to this album whether he can admit it or not. i highly doubt we see songs of experience in the next 18 months.

Offline zeeTV

• Numb
  • But I can change the world in me... REJOICE
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2014, 09:28:54 AM »
I friggen love how Bono is defending this album... <3

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2014, 09:30:25 AM »
good interview. nice to hear bono defending the tunes. but clearly flip flopping on some points.

i think they are immediately doubting the direction of songs of experience based on the critical response to this album whether he can admit it or not. i highly doubt we see songs of experience in the next 18 months.

Just started listening to this and I really hope this isn't true!

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2014, 09:58:06 AM »
In some ways this album is experimental, for starters edge isn't just playing typical chiming and lots of delay and the horrible much favoured slide solos of recent albums.

The use of a female vocalist so heavily on the troubles and some quite different intros.

It may not be ground breaking stuff or sonically hugely adventurous, but the songs stand up

For SOE though I would favour a more darker sound, maybe a bit of industrial sounding stuff and Edge riffing/using guitar treatments ala Pop...

I wouldn't want to hear chiming, delay heavy edge again too much.

Still loving this album though, u2 and people here have talked about song craft and this album has it, the songs are cohesive and they just work together. They sound tight as a band and there is a good mix of influences, touches of previous work without sounding re-hashed. They have managed to distill their past and present into a fresh sound that isn't as obvious or dull as say behind and bomb.