Author Topic: Hot press review  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Wilson

• Wanderer
Hot press review
« on: September 22, 2014, 03:00:55 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline BalconyTV

• Numb
Re: Hot press review
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 03:05:03 PM »
I see Niall Stokes took the reigns and wrote this review. Considering the were commissioned to do the U2 book, it was unachievable that the review would be bad. However I dont doubt his sincerity.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Iím born again to the latest sound
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 12:16:37 AM »
One of my favorite reviews of SOI - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

There's a lot that stands out in this and I will have to forgive him his slight toward U2's post-AB 90's albums.

Here's a peek -

By now, U2 ought to be the most jaded people on the planet. Theyíre rockís king billionaires. They have seen everything. They could buy a small country and set themselves up as its despots for life. They have a business empire that spans the globe. There was a time when Bono, the Edge, Adam and Larry could have totally sold out, had any woman and any drug and any thing on earth that they wanted. Two of them did chose new names for themselves in the beginning, silly little rock names that have stuck for a lifetime now.

It turns out that they didnít get cynical and theyíre not jaded, at least if Songs of Innocence is what we have to go by. I finally listened to the entire album at one pull on the way to a gun show over the weekend (hey, I do live in Texas). This album is freaking great, one of the greatest the band has ever produced. There isnít a bad song on it. I wonít say that itís Achtung Baby revisited, but itís very very good.

Hope this is okay to post here. I didn't really know where to post it.

Offline satellitedog

• Child of Grace
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 01:12:03 AM »
Oh, Niall Stokes sounds like he has no clue... What a bummer. I really liked his Into The Heart book(s).