Author Topic: #unforgettablegig  (Read 1362 times)

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
#unforgettablegig
« on: October 06, 2014, 04:49:34 PM »
Just up on the site for our subscribers ... a chance to own a rare pressing of Songs Of Innocence on a single vinyl disc. This special vinyl LP features a white label bearing the same cover as the iTunes digital release - no track titles and just a plain white cover.

What do you need to do to be in with a chance to get a copy ? In the sleevenotes to Songs of Innocence, Bono tells a story about a Ramones show in Dublin.
'My best friend Guggi had a ticket and he snuck us through a side exit he pried open. The world stopped long enough for us to get on it. Even though we only saw half the show, it became one of the great nights of our life...'

What we're looking for from you is a vivid memory of an early gig - or a show that changed your life. Could be the first band you saw... or just one you'll never forget. Extra points if you can include a photo of your #unforgettablegig - with your mates or with that weird hairstyle you had at the time or maybe a poster promoting the show.

All the details here - entries close on Friday October 17th.

And don't forget to keep an eye on the site later this week - might have a little exclusive coming up for our subs.

best wishes
The U2.com Team.

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
Re: #unforgettablegig
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 01:54:26 PM »
Here is my entry: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I also wonder what the surprise for subscribers will be at the end of the week?  A Video?  Stream the bonus tracks?

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 02:01:27 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I also wonder what the surprise for subscribers will be at the end of the week?  A Video?  Stream the bonus tracks?

Well done! I vote for you! :)

Me too! Another surprise? Aaahh!

Offline wik73

• Numb
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 02:27:33 PM »

Enjoyable read! I love the way you add the clip about six years to the day you saw another unforgettable gig.

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 03:03:53 PM »
Is this the same as the test pressing?

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 04:10:12 PM »
Is this the same as the test pressing?

It is. Check out the link. It's the test pressing and now I shall consider the test pressing legit!

BTW - mine was NOT numbered.

Offline rahul2630

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 02:26:59 AM »
really unforgettbale......you make it more awesome.

Offline Bogeystar

• Babyface
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 03:40:23 AM »
What a great story! My attempt: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. A girl can hope...

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 05:07:27 AM »
What a great story! My attempt: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. A girl can hope...

Happy Anniversary!  That's a great story.  So did the friend who ditched you get invited to the wedding?

When reading all these #unforgettablegig entries, the unforgettable part always seems to be what happened leading up to the show or in your case, after the show.  They end up being calendar markers for my life....oh that was the year I saw ZooTV, etc.