Author Topic: Why the Apple deal bashers were wrong  (Read 427 times)

Offline Piku

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Why the Apple deal bashers were wrong
« on: October 08, 2014, 09:06:39 AM »
Hi, I joined this forum (I've been reading for years though) just to let you know about an experience I had with the new album. I've been a fan of U2 ever since I was 7 years old (I'm 21 now). I have a pretty diverse group of friends, none of who listen to U2 or even care about them, well cared. Since the new album was released 3 of them started listening to it and suddenly like U2. This has lead to an extensive discovery of the previous albums as well. All of them are my age, and usually listen to indie rock, techno, rap or pop. So when someone says that U2 gained nothing with the deal with Apple they are plain wrong. They've hit the right audience. And not all of them are Apple customers so some of them downloaded the album just because people were talking about it, yes even the negative publicity is still good publicity. Just wanted to share a real world story with you guys. Also it helps that the album is absolutely terrific :)

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
Re: Why the Apple deal bashers were wrong
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 12:50:35 PM »
I agree this was marketing genius. They needed a way to get millennials to get past the crap they had heard about U2 and actually listen to them and judge for themselves