Author Topic: Hello from E. Wash. state  (Read 5882 times)

Offline busy5mom

• Stateless
Hello from E. Wash. state
« on: February 22, 2009, 10:39:46 PM »
Just a mom here who's been crazy about u2 since...too long to say!! Some days, they are the only thing that keeps me sane in the midst of my chaotic life with 5 kids! I've been reading @u2 for a while now, but I just can't keep quiet any longer. I feel like one of the kids before Christmas, because I can't wait for NLOTH. I don't want to spoil the surprise, so I haven't listened to it yet. Thanks for being here, and letting me join in.

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
Re: Hello from E. Wash. state
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 11:05:46 PM »
Welcome, busy5mom! Where in E. WA are you? You do know that @U2 HQ is in the Tri-Cities, right?

Offline busy5mom

• Stateless
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 11:17:40 PM »
No, I didn't realize you were from Tri-Cities! Go 509ers! I thought you were in Seattle. I'm in Wenatchee, close to Mission Ridge. Do you know any other U2 fans around here?

Offline Popman

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 12:20:00 AM »
Hello and welcome to the forum! ;)

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 01:50:20 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
No, I didn't realize you were from Tri-Cities! Go 509ers! I thought you were in Seattle. I'm in Wenatchee, close to Mission Ridge. Do you know any other U2 fans around here?

I don't think there's anyone here on the forum, but there are some folks I know who like them. We have staff over in Seattle and in Portland, too.

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Free yourself to be yourself...
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 07:34:50 AM »
Hi Busy............so glad you joined the forum!! Welcome  ;D

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 07:40:10 AM »
Welcome busy5mom!!  I love to see other moms here. Wow, I thought my 2 sons kept me going!! How do you do it with 5?!!  Do you have a mix of boys and girls? I sure wish you were in the NYC area so we could trade U2 and mom stories in person but I am sure we will do it online. Have fun here and join us in the Old Lady Thread where all the ladies (old and young) chit chat about all topics. Some gentlemen even pop in there too to put their two cents in!! ;)

Offline a Name for a Girl

• Precious Stone
  • mild and green and squeaky-clean
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 10:19:16 AM »
Hooray for Eastern Washington!  I went to college in Spokane, though I grew up on the rainy side.  The Methow Valley is my favorite place on earth, and you're so close!  Lucky!  I am finishing a graduate degree in NC now, but I hope to get back in your neck of the woods (er, bend in the river) soon. 

M2, I didn't realize HQ was in the tri-cities.  I think I might need to make a pilgrimage . . .

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 10:37:23 AM »
Hehehehe...if I thought there was enough fans over here, I'd have hosted U2 events already. :) We tend to use Seattle, so I always have to do the traveling.

luieu2

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 05:08:09 PM »
hi and welcome,
 i got three they can be a handful.
i feel the joy they bring me,
enriches my life.