Author Topic: 2 worst U2 albums are  (Read 3814 times)

Offline A_Fly_On_The_Wall

• Deep In the Heart
  • Doing My Best Work In Your Disbelief Of Existence
Re: 2 worst U2 albums are
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2014, 02:01:28 PM »
Zooropa
Rattle And Hum

Both not bad albums but I just prefer the other albums from U2.

Offline Ăhk-tung Bay-bi

• Wanderer
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2014, 02:04:49 PM »
I think the best bits of ATYCLB and HTDAAB would make a fine album, but I digress!

October
NLOTH

Offline very good

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2014, 02:18:12 PM »
As an album ....atomic bomb sucks but there's 3 or 4 gems on there to keep out of the bottom 2. I wouldn't be surprised if I never listen to no line on the horizon ever again - moment of surrender the only redeeming feature (and even then only the first half of the song) so definitely no line on the horizon. October second worst.

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2014, 02:40:05 PM »
No Line and October

Offline Bonoisgodly

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2014, 03:28:09 PM »
Rattle and Hum and October.

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2014, 03:59:49 PM »
All That You Can't Leave Behind (I haven't listened to it in forever) and War (I can't get into the second side :P ).

Offline Ledbetter

• Babyface
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2014, 07:00:01 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
October
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

The latter is easily the most overrated work they've ever done IMO. Few solid songs at the start but the second half is garbage. SOI is so much more consistent than either HTDAAB or NLOTH.

Man and a Women ,Crumbs , One step , Original of the species , Yahweh  garbage  ?

Really ?

Yep, not for me at all. Really dont like any of those songs whatsoever. Only thing I liked off the second side was the extra track, Fast Cars. Only tracks on that album that I'd listen to nowadays are Love & Peace and Vertigo, and maybe Sometimes You Cant Make It On Your Own.

The second half of ATYCLB isnt too hot either. Its funny though - at the time that it was released, I remember it being hailed as a U2 classic. If they'd released that record now it wouldnt have gotten half as many good reviews because its now cool to hate on U2. Funny how times change  8)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 07:07:42 PM by Ledbetter »

Offline NOLA Fly

• Staring at the Sun
  • Feel like trash, You make me feel clean...
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2014, 08:41:20 PM »
October

The latter is easily the most overrated work they've ever done IMO. Few solid songs at the start but the second half is garbage. SOI is so much more consistent than either HTDAAB or NLOTH.

Man and a Women ,Crumbs , One step , Original of the species , Yahweh  garbage  ?

Really ?

Yep, not for me at all. Really dont like any of those songs whatsoever. Only thing I liked off the second side was the extra track, Fast Cars. Only tracks on that album that I'd listen to nowadays are Love & Peace and Vertigo, and maybe Sometimes You Cant Make It On Your Own.

The second half of ATYCLB isnt too hot either. Its funny though - at the time that it was released, I remember it being hailed as a U2 classic. If they'd released that record now it wouldnt have gotten half as many good reviews because its now cool to hate on U2. Funny how times change  8)

Any album U2 would release right now wouldn't get half as many good reviews. The music has little to do with that.

For my money, U2 hasn't released a bad album. But if I was told that I had to pick one and could never listen to it again, I would sacrifice October. Begrudgingly.

Offline Parsons

• Child of Grace
  • I've seen love conquer the great divide.
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2014, 08:45:11 PM »
Your absolutely correct U2 has not released a bad record and I wouldn't sacrifice any of them.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2014, 09:20:02 PM »
October

Really ?

Any album U2 would release right now wouldn't get half as many good reviews. The music has little to do with that.

For my money, U2 hasn't released a bad album. But if I was told that I had to pick one and could never listen to it again, I would sacrifice October. Begrudgingly.

o man i wouldn't even do it begrudgingly. i love to imagine a world in which U2 went from Boy right to War.

Offline Parsons

• Child of Grace
  • I've seen love conquer the great divide.
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2014, 09:46:35 PM »
IMHO October is special if not for the music then for the mere fact these young boys wore their faith in Christ on their sleeves and didn't care about the repercussions that would follow in the music press. I firmly believe there would be no War without its predecessor, but to each is own.

Borack

« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2014, 11:25:27 PM »
Zooropa
Pop

Offline ehtaerb

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2014, 01:47:38 AM »
IMHO there is not a bad U2 album, unless we are including Passengers which is dire! There are some songs on most of their albums I'm not that impressed with but on the whole the band generally hit the mark more often than not

Offline Dr_Grape

• Babyface
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2014, 06:00:56 AM »
ATYCLB
NLOTH

Offline aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2014, 06:59:36 AM »
It seems a lot of people don't like October.  I am not going to say it's one of my favorites of theirs but I feel like it's one of their more honest offerings from the 80s.  I think there's some neat stuff going on throughout the album...

What is it that turns people off to this album?