Author Topic: Larry and Anne  (Read 4047 times)

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
Larry and Anne
« on: October 20, 2014, 11:27:32 AM »
I always thought Larry and Ann were not married, however I was listening to one of the interviews (I think it was I Heart Radio) and Larry was joking about divorce papers and calling Anne his wife.  Did they marry?

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
Re: Larry and Anne
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 01:07:38 PM »
If they did, it was very under the radar. Maybe Ireland is now recognizing a common law marriage setup.

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 06:34:14 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking the common law thing too.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 08:36:10 PM »
I think maybe they consider themselves married even if it may not be legally recognized.

Offline sister moon

• Wanderer
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 06:50:27 PM »
Ireland doesn't recognize common-law marriage, the partners have no legal rights.  I suspect Larry & Ann have been married for a long time, they are both just extremely private people who wouldn't let that be known.

Offline Parsons

• Child of Grace
  • I've seen love conquer the great divide.
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 12:25:33 PM »
It's management that kept the marriage under hush I guess not to upset the single eligible females in the audience. Larry's now at the age to not care that the cats out of the bag and with U2 getting ready to soon wrap things up, it doesn't really matter.

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 01:11:03 PM »
So why didn't management keep Adam's marriage under wraps, since he was an eligible bachelor for 53 years. Larry and Ann have been together since high school and Larry had said back in the 80's that Ann was never interested in getting married. They are content as they are. If they split up, Ann will be nicely compensated financially.

Offline Parsons

• Child of Grace
  • I've seen love conquer the great divide.
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 01:23:23 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So why didn't management keep Adam's marriage under wraps, since he was an eligible bachelor for 53 years. Larry and Ann have been together since high school and Larry had said back in the 80's that Ann was never interested in getting married. They are content as they are. If they split up, Ann will be nicely compensated financially.

Adam Clayton to put it bluntly married as an older man and I'm sure everyone in the industry knows the sun will be setting soon for U2 so no need to keep his marriage under wraps. It's clear and out of Mullens own mouth that he and Ann are married now regardless, and good for both of them. It is no secret that the entertainment industry keeps aspects of their clients under wraps if they feel it will hurt sales or the popularity of who they are trying to sell.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 01:35:18 PM by Parsons »

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 02:25:15 PM »
I can understand that when they were younger, even though it's stupid. Vince Neil kept his first marriage quiet for those reasons, but that was done for the whole band.

I think Adam should have followed Larry's lead and just stayed technically single. Unless there is an ironclad prenup, he has the potential of getting royally screwed. Larry and Ann most likely have a mutual agreement in place as partners.

And Larry is the type of guy who would tell management to eff off concerning keeping it quiet for that reason. He'd keep it quiet because it's no ones business.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 02:31:46 PM »
I can understand that when they were younger, even though it's stupid. Vince Neil kept his first marriage quiet for those reasons, but that was done for the whole band.

I think Adam should have followed Larry's lead and just stayed technically single. Unless there is an ironclad prenup, he has the potential of getting royally screwed. Larry and Ann most likely have a mutual agreement in place as partners.

And Larry is the type of guy who would tell management to eff off concerning keeping it quiet for that reason. He'd keep it quiet because it's no ones business.

I'd think there is no such thing in this day.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 03:29:45 PM »
I assume a marriage license would be public record and I also assume there have been people try to find one for Larry, so if there was one out there I would guess it would've been found, whether or not it's anyone's business.

Offline qiinoM

• Stateless
  • maybe i'm amazed
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2014, 03:55:29 PM »
It's management that kept the marriage under hush I guess not to upset the single eligible females in the audience.

not to mention the males ;)

Offline PROJ2823

• Refugee
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2014, 04:48:31 AM »
I always thought Larry and Ann were not married, however I was listening to one of the interviews (I think it was I Heart Radio) and Larry was joking about divorce papers and calling Anne his wife.  Did they marry?

There are quite some people I know that are not legally maried but call their partner "my wife" or "my husband", because they are practically living as a married couple.

Offline seashells

• Staring at the Sun
  • Let me in the sound
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2014, 10:53:19 AM »
Maybe the band will do another facebook Q&A so we can ask him the question.

Offline achtungx

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Lillywhite Called Me a Naughty British Slang Word
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2014, 11:20:44 AM »
It's management that kept the marriage under hush I guess not to upset the single eligible females in the audience. Larry's now at the age to not care that the cats out of the bag and with U2 getting ready to soon wrap things up, it doesn't really matter.
Damn... again with the "getting ready to soon wrap things up." They've got at least 6 years to go. That's not "soon."
That unnecessary comment ruins your otherwise valid assumption about management.