Author Topic: What do you think the hold up is for the Tour Announcement?  (Read 5267 times)

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
What do you think the hold up is for the Tour Announcement?
« on: October 21, 2014, 05:48:23 AM »
Just wondering why the delay in announcing the tour and dates with the album already out.  Other bands usually put tickets on sale even before their new album is out.  Just recently I purchased tickets for Mellencamp concert in Toronto for May 2015 even before his new album was even out and also purchase tickets for the Who Hits 50 tour for a show that is 1 year away from today.  Are they waiting for SOE but Bono I think said that would probably be 1 year away which would be sept/oct 2015 and the tour is rumoured to begin may 2015.  Any thoughts?

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
Re: What do you think the hold up is for the Tour Announcement?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 06:01:22 AM »
In recent years the tour has not been announced at the same time as the album. But I think it will be very soon and possibly tie in with the end of their promotional tour and the annual announcement of the new gift for u2.com membership.
Planning on getting my second membership at that time to guarantee tickets especially as it will be in arenas !

Offline lazyboy

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 06:02:47 AM »
Looking at my emails, the tickets only went on sale in april, with the concert on in July (09). So we might have a while longer to wait.

Offline fardreamer

• Child of Grace
  • The best things are easy to destroy
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 04:36:12 PM »
I might be overly optimistic, but I suspect the hold up regarding tour announcements is finishing Songs of Experience.

I think they might tour both at the same time.

Offline ZooClothes

• Precious Stone
  • This is where you can reach me now.
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 06:23:53 PM »
They're going to do something as massive as the SoI surprise release.

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 06:37:04 AM »
Take your time U2!!! I need to save money, hoping for at least 5 shows next tour, my record was 7 for vertigo, but it was easier because I lived in NYC area then.

Offline Lukeskywalker

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 10:17:37 AM »
Edge & Adam were on Planet Rock, UK earlier today in what sounded like a pre-recorded interview.
Adam said the tor next year would start in the US and come to Europe after the summer. The show, he said, are to reflect "the two sides of the band".

Offline kevc

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 12:20:50 PM »
nice to see a band not put on sale tickets for a tour 18 months down the line, having said that just waiting on the 100 for GA tickets curveball...my Depeche mode tickets last years were 50 with fee's i'm reckoning double that for u2, will be very interesting to see the pricing strategy for the tour, given best seats for the 360 were 150 - 175 in the UK and GA I think was 55

Offline rantard

• Wanderer
  • vision over visibility
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 01:21:48 PM »
I agree... Songs of Experience will come out when they announce the tour.

Also, what about a Remastered Version of Rattle & Hum with Blu Ray DVD already?

Offline Jswallow

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 02:12:19 PM »
I think it could be called "Innocence & Experience Tour" or something like that

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 02:45:19 PM »
Another very active unofficial U2 fan forum has a thread going w/ "credible" intelligence that the public on sale will start on November 22nd with presales before. Arenas w/ GA Floor and the tour will start in the US in May/June. This is an estimated window for the start and the announcement hasn't come yet because they are coordinating around NHL and NBA playoffs.

I can't vouch for this, but seems this poster has had similar info in the past that turned out to be true.

So there is your rumor weed for today.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 03:17:18 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I might be overly optimistic, but I suspect the hold up regarding tour announcements is finishing Songs of Experience.

I think they might tour both at the same time.

What if they release SOE before a stadium run in the late summer of 2015? SOI in arenas with album tracks, rarities and fewer hits, and then SOE with more hits in stadiums?

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 05:58:16 AM »
Good point to think about the danger of SOE released, we may lose live versions of Innocence, but... I've been a fan since the 90s, I have GREAT confidence it won't be done on time! ;)

Offline dougie

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • A Bozo on the bus going nowhere!
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 12:44:02 PM »
Negotiations and lawyers probably have a lot with the tour announcement. Hope they do it soon so I can schedule my spring and summer travel plans.

I have bought my bags of rice and beans for tour savings. I am hopeful to buy some seasoning for the rice and beans, but I need to know ticket prices first until I can.

DMMacdonald96

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 05:01:48 PM »
Personally, I think they're finishing Songs of Experience, they'll do what they did in 2010 during 360, play a one-three songs from SoE occasionally