Author Topic: What do you think the hold up is for the Tour Announcement?  (Read 5243 times)

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • I知 born again to the latest sound
Re: What do you think the hold up is for the Tour Announcement?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 05:48:43 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Negotiations and lawyers probably have a lot with the tour announcement. Hope they do it soon so I can schedule my spring and summer travel plans.

I have bought my bags of rice and beans for tour savings. I am hopeful to buy some seasoning for the rice and beans, but I need to know ticket prices first until I can.

We need to start a recipe thread!  ;)

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 08:29:28 AM »
Well, based on that RS teaser I guess we have our answer about a couple of things.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 05:08:17 PM »
Update today from the original source of the tour announcement info I'm going with - US Tour dates should be set by the weekend of ~Nov. 8. I don't know if that means announced as well. Stay tuned at U2.com and U2Uruguay's Twitter as well as Interference...

hrsan

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2014, 07:37:40 AM »
Update today from the original source of the tour announcement info I'm going with - US Tour dates should be set by the weekend of ~Nov. 8. I don't know if that means announced as well. Stay tuned at U2.com and U2Uruguay's Twitter as well as Interference...

I'll keep my eyes and ears open.

Offline EvryPoetisAthief

• Stateless
  • Throw a rock in the air, you'll hit someone guilty
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2014, 09:05:58 PM »
I just think the hold up is due to trying to figure out the logistics of having two shows like they are contemplating and trying figure out how to let the fans differentiate between the two as said in one of their interviews.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2014, 09:18:13 PM »
I just think the hold up is due to trying to figure out the logistics of having two shows like they are contemplating and trying figure out how to let the fans differentiate between the two as said in one of their interviews.

If we are to believe this info that has been posted, and the guy has a decent track record it seems, then I think they can announce the tour dates w/o knowing right at this moment how to make the two shows they envision.

I don't think I want two shows so distinctly different - acoustic and full out rock concert. I like dwaltman's suggestion to do a 45 minute acoustic set within their normal show.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
Ticket Prices
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2014, 11:24:52 PM »
"UPDATE: U2's management is considering charging $375 for the top price for tickets. This will be for the best lower level reserved sections. Other pricing levels have not been broken down yet. There may be a bit of a delay in finalizing the dates until after this weekend."

hrsan

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2014, 07:44:36 AM »
"UPDATE: U2's management is considering charging $375 for the top price for tickets. This will be for the best lower level reserved sections. Other pricing levels have not been broken down yet. There may be a bit of a delay in finalizing the dates until after this weekend."

One shouldn't have to hear "Good news, your loan's been approved" in order to buy tickets.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2014, 08:58:15 AM »

One shouldn't have to hear "Good news, your loan's been approved" in order to buy tickets.

I'm sure U2's management's reasoning is that the venues are 1/2 the size of the stadiums at least. So, they will charge 50% more.

Madonna's tour was mentioned by some post-ers. Her top price tickets were ~$350 for arenas.

Looks like GA for me for all concerts for this tour. I was thinking I might do both a seat and a GA on the residency dates, but guess that idea is over.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2014, 09:04:12 AM »
Kind of makes me worried what GA prices might be.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2014, 09:41:01 AM »
Kind of makes me worried what GA prices might be.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, because the good lowers for Elevation were $160, and the GA was what, $50? I think GA probably gets up to near $100, but not over, as I am sure they would love to be able to say 'yeah, the lowers are high, but the best seats in the house are still less than $100.'

The lower bowls will be high. That's exactly what I expected.

hrsan

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2014, 10:00:41 AM »

I'm sure U2's management's reasoning is that the venues are 1/2 the size of the stadiums at least. So, they will charge 50% more.

Madonna's tour was mentioned by some post-ers. Her top price tickets were ~$350 for arenas.

Looks like GA for me for all concerts for this tour. I was thinking I might do both a seat and a GA on the residency dates, but guess that idea is over.

It's supply and demand.   

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2014, 12:21:11 PM »
I don't think there's a hold up yet. We heard a while back the announcement would come in late November and the onsales in early December. I think that's still true.

My guess is they announce on Jimmy Fallon during the week of 11/17 that the tour will start in May in North America as we have heard previously. Get it out there before Thanksgiving in the USA and give people a couple of weeks to get ready for the ticket sales.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2014, 02:58:25 PM »
GA or bust

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2014, 03:00:57 PM »
My guess is they announce on Jimmy Fallon during the week of 11/17 that the tour will start in May in North America as we have heard previously. Get it out there before Thanksgiving in the USA and give people a couple of weeks to get ready for the ticket sales.

Yep.