Author Topic: What do you think the hold up is for the Tour Announcement?  (Read 5271 times)

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
Re: What do you think the hold up is for the Tour Announcement?
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2014, 07:25:58 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My guess is they announce on Jimmy Fallon during the week of 11/17 that the tour will start in May in North America as we have heard previously. Get it out there before Thanksgiving in the USA and give people a couple of weeks to get ready for the ticket sales.

Yep.

Matt saying yep is all I need to know. :D

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2014, 03:30:33 PM »
Today's update from the same source:

UPDATE: The US leg of the tour should be finalized in the next 2-3 days. No details provided yet though.

Offline ledhed1234

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2014, 09:04:42 AM »
Today's update from the same source:

UPDATE: The US leg of the tour should be finalized in the next 2-3 days. No details provided yet though.
Le Boom!  Monday should be awesome

Offline james

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2014, 09:21:31 AM »
Just wondering why the delay in announcing the tour and dates with the album already out.  Other bands usually put tickets on sale even before their new album is out.  Just recently I purchased tickets for Mellencamp concert in Toronto for May 2015 even before his new album was even out and also purchase tickets for the Who Hits 50 tour for a show that is 1 year away from today.  Are they waiting for SOE but Bono I think said that would probably be 1 year away which would be sept/oct 2015 and the tour is rumoured to begin may 2015.  Any thoughts?

Well for ZOO TV U2 did not put tickets on sale for the first shows until just two to thee weeks before show time on the first leg. I have heard rumors tickets could be going on sale for the 2015 tour in this coming week, but nothing is certain yet.

Offline UnknownCaller98

• Numb
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2014, 10:22:39 AM »
Tweet just posted by @U2 saying that a fan was told by Bono in Berlin yesterday that the tour would be announced by the end of the month...

My excitement is growing.

Offline kevc

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2014, 06:35:12 AM »
Hurry up, I succumbed to Fleetwood Mac in the UK, so i'm patiently waiting and prioritising at least 2 U2 2015 concerts in Europe / UK, surely they'll go on sale Jan 15

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2014, 01:17:44 PM »
Hurry up, I succumbed to Fleetwood Mac in the UK, so i'm patiently waiting and prioritising at least 2 U2 2015 concerts in Europe / UK, surely they'll go on sale Jan 15

Did you already see Fleetwood Mac? Friends did and said they were terrific. I'm still considering it, but the cheapest tickets are nosebleeds for $95.

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2014, 11:28:40 AM »
Tweet just posted by @U2 saying that a fan was told by Bono in Berlin yesterday that the tour would be announced by the end of the month...

My excitement is growing.

I hope this still holds true even with Bono's bike accident.

Offline jono2u

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • "i was born to sing for you"
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2014, 02:41:38 PM »
Do we still expect some form of tour date announcement in the next few days given bono' s recent injuries?

Offline ehtaerb

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2014, 05:21:50 PM »
I would be sceptical of any imminent announcement, simply from a rehabilitation perspective. I think the band & management would want to be sure that Bono was physically ready to undertake a tour and all that this entails before announcing anything. I would guess Bono will recuperate for remainder of this year and we will most likely hear something in early 2015

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2014, 12:36:28 PM »
Do we still expect some form of tour date announcement in the next few days given bono' s recent injuries?

Yes, unless they think the injuries are going to delay the start of the tour, in which case they will have to start all over again scheduling the first leg, perhaps starting in Europe rather than the US and pushing the US to late/summer fall. If the original plan was actually to announce dates the last week of November, I think it will still happen on time as we are still 6 months out from when we expect the tour to start.

Then again, if we don't get the announcement, we may never know if it was delayed because of Bono's accident of if we just had bad intel.

Offline jampot

• Babyface
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2014, 12:38:50 AM »
I am going with announcement next week. Tickets on sale Friday....