Author Topic: Tickets  (Read 1904 times)

Offline nemomatt

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Tickets
« on: February 23, 2009, 11:29:23 AM »
Does anyone know if there is a stubhub equivalent for european tickets? I know it is going to be next to impossible to get tickets on sale for Croke Park so I'm gonna lay out the money and go the stub hub route..or whatever the website is in Ireland. Any ideas?

daveyg

Re: Tickets
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 07:52:28 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Does anyone know if there is a stubhub equivalent for european tickets? I know it is going to be next to impossible to get tickets on sale for Croke Park so I'm gonna lay out the money and go the stub hub route..or whatever the website is in Ireland. Any ideas?

ticketmaster.ie

You can always join me and do an all nighter camp out!! Think my eldest is joining me!

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 08:42:24 AM »
I used to that,
did an all nighter for the 1989 Dublin Point gigs,(this was different though as we knew the tickets were actually in the shop) and the Pop Dublin gig.

I was away when the first Elevation Slane gig went onsale here, but 2 friends were in Cork quing up all night. 5 minutes before the onsale time, two Gardai walked into HMV Cork and got their tickets. There was no security or organisation of any kind in the Q, and it ended up being an uncontrollable mob not a Q. The Gardai simply walked through the crowd mahem, ignored it completely and got their tickets and shagged off.The ticket machines then crashed so only a handful got tickets that morning.

The other thing that happens in ticketmaster outlets(particularly the smaller ones) is staff printing out several tickets for themselves or their friends, before they open the shop door. This does happen believe it or not.

Na, will stay with presale tickets through fanclub, then Phone and Internet for the public sale if it's necessary.

It improves the odds greatly.

Would Q up all night if it meant I was guaranteed to get them but there is no guarantee at all even if you are first in the Q.

daveyg

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 09:15:49 AM »
I queued up for the Point Depot ones as well - no problems there - they opened early in Dublin and was home by 12.30am! Right up to te Vertigo all nighter. No problems. There was security there who looked after the queues and ensured we got in and got our tickets and there was no skipping etc

Offline jerseymanhere

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 11:20:59 AM »
Hi, I'm a newbie to all this so I have some questions about American tickets.  For the Vertigo tour, I decided to go late and had to buy a ticket on Ebay.  This time I'm a fanclub member and plan to get tickets immediately when they go on sale.  How does it work with the fanclub?  Do they get first dibs via a password thru Live Nation? What happens if these sellout?

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 12:18:19 PM »
They have a presale for each gig a few days before they go on sale to the general public, before the presale starts you will be e-mailed a unique presale password which you use when purchasing on the presale. Don't share this with anyone as it can only be used once - well thats how it worked last time around.

They tend to have the presales in batches, i.e. say 8 gigs go on presale a the same time.

There is a specific amount of tickets available on the presale, for each gig,so once these are gone, thats it, it's back to the general public sale.

Last ime (2005) the tickets were sold through ticketmaster. It remains to be seen if this will be the case this time around. Whatever website is uded the system of presales works the same.

streetmission

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 12:31:20 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi, I'm a newbie to all this so I have some questions about American tickets.  For the Vertigo tour, I decided to go late and had to buy a ticket on Ebay.  This time I'm a fanclub member and plan to get tickets immediately when they go on sale.  How does it work with the fanclub?  Do they get first dibs via a password thru Live Nation? What happens if these sellout?

Following up on what Falling At Your Feet posted, the limit for your code was 2 tickets last time.  As you probably noticed, the presale was a fiasco last time, with scalpers setting up 25 to 50 fake accounts to nab up a large chunk of the tickets allotted for the presale then reselling them for a huge profit.  The details for this presale haven't been announced yet; hopefully they've come up with a way to curb the scalpers this time around.

Another reason it was such a mess was U2.com advertised "guaranteed" tickets through the presale, but as FAYF said, there's a limited number and not enough for all fan club members (at least not last tour).  It'll be interesting to see what changes have been made this time around for the presale.