Poll

Which of the "two night" U2 shows for their 2015 tour would you prefer?

"loud, explosive rock & roll kind of event"
74 (49%)
"acoustic arrangements of some of the songs, and kind of present those songs in a much more intimate way"
2 (1.3%)
both
39 (25.8%)
neither, I'd like a mix of rock and acoustic on each night
36 (23.8%)

Total Members Voted: 140

Author Topic: Which of the "two night" U2 shows for their 2015 tour would you prefer?  (Read 9976 times)

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Re: Which of the "two night" U2 shows for their 2015 tour would you prefer?
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2014, 06:01:30 PM »
If I were to guess, I'd say;

-Roughly 13-14 songs are the same every night. This includes about 5-6 songs from the new album and 7-8 of the superhits; Streets, One, ISHF, Beautiful Day, etc.

-Another 5-6 songs are rotated thematically; on night 1, 80s songs, on night 2, 90s/00s; these will probably include some relatively rare stuff in recent times like ASOH, IGF, Kite...

-Another 5-6 songs are rotated but non-thematically; this would include another 1 or 2 songs from SoA, maybe some Experience material as the tour goes on, plus some rotations of warhorses just to add a little variety while still including the big hits  - as for instance NYD and IWF rotated for a while on 360.

MrAC

« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2014, 11:03:16 PM »
I think they've waited too long to distinguish the difference now. There'll be a lot of grumbling from younger or more casual fans if they unknowingly  opted into an acoustic or rarities night. Plans and trips have been made. I spent $600 and will be making an 8-hour drive to make one show. I would be fine with either, but I went for "Night 2/Experience" hoping for more of a spectacle.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 11:05:43 PM by MrAC »

Offline otherone

• Stranger in a Strange Land
  • something in your eyes, took a thousand years ....
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2014, 07:24:32 AM »
If the second nite of these shows is anything like what I saw them doing on the t.v promo tour, particularly( every breaking wave) or something similar, I, as a loooong time fan would be thrilled.
hopefully this will happen. ..either way I'm sure it will be tremendously, tremendous...it is U2.

Offline JustaBonoFan

• Babyface
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2014, 07:46:48 AM »
I prefer electric. But I would like a mix, because some of the songs are better acoustic.

Offline markreed

• Numb
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2014, 08:38:17 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
#1 : "Innocence" - 10 songs from earlier in the career, 5 big hits from 90's-00's (Beautiful Day, Elevation, Vertigo, Boots, One), and a 8 from SOI

#2 : "Experience" - 10 songs from 90's-00's, 8 from SOI, and 5 big hits from the 80's (WTSHNN, ISHFWILF, WOWY, Bad, Pride)

That's probably the closest to what I'm picturing them doing.  And when you look at it that way, you're essentially only swapping out 5 songs each night.

That said, it pains me to see 90's and 00's grouped together like that.  But that's just me.

It pains me too, but they did 6 LP's in the 80's, and 6 LP's in the 90's-00's (7 including Passengers)

For example : #1 Iris, Joey Ramone, I Will Follow, A Day Without Me, Gloria,  Pride,  Invisible, Every Breaking Wave, Song For Someone, Raised By Wolves, Sunday Bloody Sunday, October, New Years Day, Vertigo, Get On Your Boots, Volcano, Elevation, Beautiful Day. // Bad, All I Want Is You, Streets, ISHWFILF,  With Or Without You, One

#2 California, Joey Ramone, Fly, Discotheque, Elevation, Vertigo, Invisible, Ordinary Love, Every Breaking Wave, Stay, Song For Someone, Cedarwood Road, Iris, Mysterious Ways, Last Night On Earth, Volcano, Desire // Even Better Than The Real Thing, Lemon, With Or Without You, One //  Streets, Magnificent, Beautiful Day, 40

-

Offline andrewau2

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Smack in the centre of contradiction = place to be
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2015, 02:57:56 PM »
If U2 announce that the first night of each city will be the ROCK event and the second night will be the ACOUSTIC experience, will you be happy with your tickets or be out of luck?

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2015, 03:06:18 PM »
I know that "acoustic show" sounds very lame, but if they are going to include more rarities in that concert (Drowning Man, anyone?), then I'd seriously consider it.

YES YES YES !!!!!!!! 
The band would have to find a way to make it spicy, but i have the confidence they can.

Offline daviddevaul

• Wanderer
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2015, 03:30:02 PM »
If U2 announce that the first night of each city will be the ROCK event and the second night will be the ACOUSTIC experience, will you be happy with your tickets or be out of luck?

At this point, it's too late to make such an announcement without immediate backlash.  If they were super serious about night 1 and night 2 having a "completely different feel," they would've been more explicit about what that actually means prior to the onsales. 

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2015, 04:03:00 PM »
I agree with the point that they'd suffer a huge backlash if they went down the route of separate acoustic & rock nights. There's no way I can see it happening.

However, I believe they could have 2 nights with a "completely different feel", with setlists based on the theme of innocence & experience. I think their catalogue is big enough, & they've had so many hits, that most fans & casuals would be still happy with 2 very different nights, as long as Streets, One & BD are played each & every night (I'd be happy if only Streets was played both nights).

I'd prefer if the 2 nights were based on age. Innocence, up to & including Rattle & Hum (plus SOI), experience, from AB onwards. These would be my perfect shows (particularly if experience concentrated on AB-Pop, & was slim on 00's). 2 shows with a completely different feel, & a completely different sound! Although I can't see this scenerio happening unfortunately, as there'd be too many disgruntled casuals & younger fans. Particularly for the innocence nights (I'd love to see a show full of their earlier songs).