Author Topic: Every Breaking Wave - 2 versions?  (Read 407 times)

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
Every Breaking Wave - 2 versions?
« on: October 31, 2014, 04:26:55 PM »
I must say I think Every Breaking Wave might be u2s best song of all time in it's new arrangement. It makes me wonder why tthey chose not to release it as a quasi Adele inspired way.

I do admire the album version but the passion Bono and the band deliver it in in the current arrangement blows me away every time.

It's haunting, builds  a beautiful crescendo like all U2 songs do. The album version is very MOTR to me.

It would appear Tedder is responsible for patching the song up and making it work but I can't understand why this piano led version wasn't chosen. Do you think there were 2 versions?

The way Bono sings "if you go" towards the end of the song is perhaps his finest moment as lead vocalist. I am so proud of the band for continuing to deliver such powerful work for almost four decades.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 04:30:28 PM by eddyjedi »

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
Re: Every Breaking Wave - 2 versions?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 06:41:23 PM »
I think the current live version is very lame. It's pretty similar to the 360 version which I didn't like.

Offline andrewau2

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Smack in the centre of contradiction = place to be
Re: Every Breaking Wave - 2 versions?
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 07:58:47 PM »
I prefer the album version (disc 1 not disc 2) because the music is better and Bono isn't yelling as much.