Author Topic: My Interpretation  (Read 1202 times)

shockdocta22

My Interpretation
« on: February 23, 2009, 04:13:38 PM »
Well, I think i did. This is how NLOTH became an album.

No line on the horizon shows how the character doesnt see an end in sight and is ready for anything.  So he goes out and lives with no end in sight.
So he then starts trying some new things (this is now Magnificent)  He does things he wouldnt have done before that are "magnificent"  but are risky.
But he seems to have made a mistake that leads to another (moment of surrender) As much as he tries, he cant stop things from happening.  At the end, he starts to feel his life is getting worse and he sees his end in sight.
Then he stops and thinks (unknown caller) He thinks that his life is over and nothing good can happen.  He lost all of his faith in anything and his hope.  But then, he has God talk to him, telling him the advice, get rid of the junk, start over. 
He has found a new spirit (Crazy tonight)  He is trying to be careful but its hard for him to fight the feeling of wanting to go crazy.  As he tries to control himself better than last time, he thinks of everything that can happen.
He is now trying to prepare for what is to come (Get on your boots)  He recollects anything that will happen in the future, but doesnt get worried and doesnt care "i dont wanna talk about wars between nations"
He has found his new spirit of life.  he will do anything to protect it(stand up comedy) He is now prepared for anything and ready to defend it.
He is a different person now (fez-being born)  He takes in his new life and has emotions (fez part)  the song shows him on his journey through the new way of life
But now he thinks of all the things he used to have and feels homesick.  He has made a mistake.  (white as snow)  Near the end of the song, he decides to go back to his old ways.
He feels better now (breathe)  he can take a deep breath and explains to us all that he cant change his life, (why would i invite a complete stranger into my home...)
He is back to his old life (cedars of lebanon)  He hasnt made a mistake but now doesnt have the thrill he had.  He sees that there are bad things but there are some good things in his life. He found his way.

As you see, these are not the actual interpretations, but this is how this can be considered an album, a journey,

post your interpretations, and disagree/agree with mine and others

luieu2

Re: My Interpretation
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 04:34:47 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Well, I think i did. This is how NLOTH became an album.

No line on the horizon shows how the character doesnt see an end in sight and is ready for anything.  So he goes out and lives with no end in sight.
So he then starts trying some new things (this is now Magnificent)  He does things he wouldnt have done before that are "magnificent"  but are risky.
But he seems to have made a mistake that leads to another (moment of surrender) As much as he tries, he cant stop things from happening.  At the end, he starts to feel his life is getting worse and he sees his end in sight.
Then he stops and thinks (unknown caller) He thinks that his life is over and nothing good can happen.  He lost all of his faith in anything and his hope.  But then, he has God talk to him, telling him the advice, get rid of the junk, start over. 
He has found a new spirit (Crazy tonight)  He is trying to be careful but its hard for him to fight the feeling of wanting to go crazy.  As he tries to control himself better than last time, he thinks of everything that can happen.
He is now trying to prepare for what is to come (Get on your boots)  He recollects anything that will happen in the future, but doesnt get worried and doesnt care "i dont wanna talk about wars between nations"
He has found his new spirit of life.  he will do anything to protect it(stand up comedy) He is now prepared for anything and ready to defend it.
He is a different person now (fez-being born)  He takes in his new life and has emotions (fez part)  the song shows him on his journey through the new way of life
But now he thinks of all the things he used to have and feels homesick.  He has made a mistake.  (white as snow)  Near the end of the song, he decides to go back to his old ways.
He feels better now (breathe)  he can take a deep breath and explains to us all that he cant change his life, (why would i invite a complete stranger into my home...)
He is back to his old life (cedars of lebanon)  He hasnt made a mistake but now doesnt have the thrill he had.  He sees that there are bad things but there are some good things in his life. He found his way.

As you see, these are not the actual interpretations, but this is how this can be considered an album, a journey,

post your interpretations, and disagree/agree with mine and others
well said shockdocta ;)

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 04:36:25 PM »
That is an awesome interpretation

Offline connyb

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 04:42:11 PM »
I love your take on this. It's interesting and makes alot of sense.

shockdocta22

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 07:21:25 PM »
yes!

Offline bateylaw

• Babyface
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 07:47:34 PM »
Very impressive, to quote Larry "it's a musical journey'.  Sorry couldn't help it.

shockdocta22

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 07:48:04 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Very impressive, to quote Larry "it's a musical journey'.  Sorry couldn't help it.

like the quote

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 07:50:50 PM »
Beautiful interpretation shockdocta! ;)

shockdocta22

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 07:53:25 PM »
i thought id be getting screamed at for the interpretation of Cedars and White, not even close to the real song