Author Topic: U2 and profanity  (Read 17255 times)

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
Re: U2 and profanity
« Reply #150 on: December 10, 2012, 05:08:52 PM »
Did Adam and Eve come before or after the dinosaurs?

Offline StickOnTattoos

• Stateless
  • Thats all there is/leaves thatr green turn t brown
« Reply #151 on: December 10, 2012, 05:14:26 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Who created the dinosaurs?
Bob Ross

Offline Theophilus

• Wanderer
« Reply #152 on: December 10, 2012, 05:18:56 PM »
Did Adam and Eve come before or after the dinosaurs?

Or at the same time? I am not sure. Setting aside various dating techniques, it is very interesting to see that a good amount of ancient art contains images that seem to resemble dinosaurs. Google this and see what you think. The only possible Biblical reference to dinosaurs I am aware of may be in the book of Job.

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #153 on: December 10, 2012, 05:19:25 PM »
Steven Spielberg

And before fictional literary figures Adam and Eve or before the dinosaurs there was Keith Richards and mick jagger.

Offline Bads316

• Elevated
  • Ain't nothin' but a muffin
« Reply #154 on: December 10, 2012, 05:33:36 PM »
Keef - 'I saw a bright light, I thought we were on'

Offline Theophilus

• Wanderer
« Reply #155 on: December 10, 2012, 08:42:44 PM »
The books of the Bible were translated, compiled, and assembled by Catholic priests with a clear agenda/interest: conversion of the masses. They got to decide what made it into the Bible and what didn't. They also got to rewrite parts of it. It has been proven that the "let ye who is without sin cast the first stone" part of John was not in original versions of the text.

I would suggest you do some more and better research. First of all, the Roman Catholic Church is not synonymous with the church of Christ defined in the Bible. Indeed, of all the sects of "Christianity", perhaps none depart further from the Scriptures than does the CC. You will, for instance, find NO scriptural evidence in the NT for 1) infant "baptism" (a word itself that is interestingly NOT translated in most versions of the Bible but transliterated from the Greek - if translated it means to submerge or immerse and not to sprinkle) 2) a clergy-like priesthood as found in the OT (the only offices identified in the NT are apostles, evangelists, elders, deacons and teachers) 3) the mandatory celibacy of clergy (Paul and Barnabas were the only unmarried apostles or major leaders) 4) Purgatory 5) Indulgences 6) the elevation of Mary to the position of Queen of heaven (the name of a Catholic Church in Orlando) 7) the forgiveness of sins by priests and 8) the inerrancy of the "Pope" (there is no such top leader found in the NT and Peter sinned and had to be rebuked by Paul for avoiding the fellowship of Gentile believers, so he was obviously teaching others to do wrong). Secondly, it is obvious you have not read scholarly discussions about the reliability and canocity of the Bible. Hey, but believe what you will ;-)

The entire Church (capital C) is based on blindly following the directives and positions of its infallible leader (idolatry, anyone?) and rejecting reason and critical thought. That's how we end up with people like you, rejecting Darwin's theories on a paucity of evidence while still breathlessly clutching their Bibles to their chests and speaking of its "inerrency."

Here is yet another skeptic confusing the Catholic Church with Christianity or the Bible, as if they were one and the same. Guess what, Bud? You don't go to an inner city schoolyard to figure out what the rules of basketball are. You will only embarrass yourself.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 08:48:34 PM by Theophilus »

Offline StickOnTattoos

• Stateless
« Reply #156 on: December 10, 2012, 09:06:24 PM »
you forgot the inquisition

Offline Theophilus

• Wanderer
« Reply #157 on: December 10, 2012, 09:22:26 PM »
you forgot the inquisition

LOL. I didn't mention the Crusades as well. Jesus was all about forcing people to believe what He taught, huh?  ;)

Offline StickOnTattoos

• Stateless
« Reply #158 on: December 10, 2012, 09:26:45 PM »
and the crusades!! *smacks forehead*
stupid humans ::)