Author Topic: Skimpy tour dates  (Read 4155 times)

Offline mofomat

• Refugee
Re: Skimpy tour dates
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2014, 09:59:58 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
As the Echo Arena being too small,it's the 11th largest arena in the UK with
11,000 seats

Why would they play the "11th" largest arena in the UK (12,000 capacity) when the largest arena in Europe is just down the road in Manchester (21,000 capacity)? Hence, if they chose to play gigs in the North of England (which they haven't) they would play the Phones4U.

the SSE Hydro holds only 1,500 more.

But the Hydro is the largest arena in Scotland, so if they want to serve the Scottish market they have to play there.

Don't really want to travel by train to London.

In the grand scheme of things London is very close. There are trains EVERY 20 mins from Manchester which take around two hours.

It was reported several months ago that U2 would be playing less cities, but multiple dates within those cities. I fully expected them to only play London in the UK, and maybe have a residency there for two weeks. The fact that they included Glasgow came as a big surprise to me. Even more so when you think WHOLE countries are not being visited. Huge areas like Scandinavia have just two dates. Spain has just two. Italy has two. France has two. Austria has zero. Portugal has zero. Switzerland has zero. The whole of Eastern Europe including Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary don't have a single date.

The lack of perspective and completely unadventurous attitude of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Offline Backy66

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2014, 10:10:03 AM »
Don't get me wrong my first port of call would be to see them at the Phones 4 U Arena in
Manchester,over going to see them at the Echo Arena Liverpool,i've heard a rumour that they
will be playing outdoors probably Manchester included may be the Eithad Stadium in summer 2016,
it's also my 50th Birthday in 2016,so can celebrate.

Offline mofomat

• Refugee
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2014, 10:15:14 AM »
I've heard a rumour that they will be playing outdoors probably Manchester included may be the Eithad Stadium in summer 2016,
it's also my 50th Birthday in 2016,so can celebrate.

I would think that is likely. Wembley or Twickenham for London. Etihad for the North of England. Hampden Park or Celtic Park in Glasgow.

Purely speculation, they will return to North America in March/April/May in 2016 to play stadiums in the warmer climates such as Florida, Texas, Arizona and California. Then back to Europe June/July/August. Finally to South America and Oceania in October/November/December when it is their summer.

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2014, 10:15:52 AM »
I'm thinking that they really want to work on SOE (and anything else) during their off times. If you look at how spaced out the dates are, this leads well to working for a week at a time on SOE. Also I'm certain that they'll come back in 2016 for more dates. Let's just relax and let the band do it's thing.

Offline Backy66

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2014, 10:23:01 AM »
I heard Edge say in a interview that they will be going outdoor stadium productions in 2016.