Author Topic: Hello... again  (Read 500 times)

Offline chiso

• Stateless
Hello... again
« on: December 03, 2014, 10:46:27 AM »
Hi!
I haven't been in this forum in a very, very long time. I had a very old username (The_Refugee_1090 i think it was) that is no longer valid, apparently.

I registered under this new name during the NLOTH release, but life took a drastic turn during that era, so I wasn't nearly as active as I'd been back in the HTDAAB days. I sort of disappeared from the U2 world.

Nevertheless, I logged back in recently, upon hearing Songs of Innocence, because that's how much I loved most of the songs. Whereas NLOTH grew on me trough the years (no longer associating those songs with that period of my life, but rather with the lessons learned), SoI is just sublime from the first listen.

Most of us have been fans for decades, so we've more or less grown up with their songs. They've been the soundtrack to our lives. With SoI, I couldn't help but look back on my own life in a grateful manner, while at the same time reminiscing about classic U2 songs I haven't heard in ages.

I look forward to participating in this community once again, and getting to know most of you great people I'm sure I'll come across. See you around!