Author Topic: Who all got the tickets they wanted?  (Read 11909 times)

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
Re: Who all got the tickets they wanted?
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2014, 09:46:44 PM »
Thanks for explaining that. I like it!

This doesn't sound good for me with no more presale code.  :o

Offline Basskid

• Staring at the Sun
  • Even the hands of love...
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2014, 09:48:35 PM »
Got 2 for Boston second night!  I'm going to go for Night 1 on Monday. 

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2014, 09:53:15 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Mind there has been so many rumours of late who knows for sure except the band! I'm wondering if the delay on Dublin is either they will skip indoors and go outside which could technically mean summer 15 or obviously 16?  Or they are trying book as many dates as possible at the 3arena there?

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2014, 09:59:08 PM »

Mind there has been so many rumours of late who knows for sure except the band! I'm wondering if the delay on Dublin is either they will skip indoors and go outside which could technically mean summer 15 or obviously 16?  Or they are trying book as many dates as possible at the 3arena there?

The concert was in coordination w/ a Music Rising milestone/anniversary? Music Rising is excited about it and mentioned it on their Facebook page. I skimmed the posts and it seems the people associated with that are excited that they might actually meet the band! Makes your heart grow 2 sizes larger to see that. :)

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2014, 10:02:50 PM »

The concert was in coordination w/ a Music Rising milestone/anniversary? Music Rising is excited about it and mentioned it on their Facebook page. I skimmed the posts and it seems the people associated with that are excited that they might actually meet the band! Makes your heart grow 2 sizes larger to see that. :)

Ahhhh right - didn't see that. If it's an anniversary what sort of timing would that be?

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2014, 10:05:11 PM »

Ahhhh right - didn't see that. If it's an anniversary what sort of timing would that be?

Just going by the announcement of the Dublin shows and the wording, it seems it should be Nov./Dec. 2015 as those are the months I'd associate w/ the end of the year.

Here's a cut and paste of the announcement and it's Music Generation not Music Rising. Ooops ;)

Special shows are being planned for Dublin for the end of next year to benefit the U2-initiated Music Generation project and details will follow once they are finalised.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 10:10:20 PM by mdmomof7 »

Offline jules

• Stateless
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2014, 03:10:42 AM »
Just 2xGA for 29th Oct London. Very easy with pre sale code. Thanks u2.com !  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline sbEdge

• Wanderer
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2014, 03:13:24 AM »
Got 2 GA for London 29th Oct yesterday and got 2 seats for 30th Oct today. Painless experience with the London Presales. Now I'll have to take my chances with the public onsale for Dublin shows.

Offline yam_yam

• Refugee
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2014, 03:35:32 AM »
I got 2 seats right behind the stage (as behind the stage as you can get with the layout...) block 106 row M. 206 for the 2 tickets. 11 admin fees is atrocious though!

Offline kango

• Desert Rose
  • I know I'm not a hopeless case.
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2014, 03:50:34 AM »
As it stands we have GA at O2 for 26/10 and 29/10. So hopefully thats the pairing covered albeit the wrong way round.

Offline kps88

• Babyface
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2014, 03:50:40 AM »
Didn't manage to get any GA's for London. Still not sure why considering everyone else seemed to have no problem. Was in the waiting room right from the start, got access to the sale a couple of minutes past start time but kept getting "no results" when trying for GA. Tried all four shows continuously. Finally panicked and went for Antwerp and Cologne so I had something in the bag.

Offline johnbhoyc

• Wanderer
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2014, 04:07:41 AM »
2x Friday & 2x Saturday tickets purchased for the Hydro Glasgow.

Only a year to wait lol:D

Offline BonosArm

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2014, 04:08:11 AM »
Hey all, first post...  :)
also couldn't get GAs for London, even though I was stunned to get through to the sale process really quickly.. also panicked and ended up with two 'expensive' seats 'behind the stage'. Nerves were shredded.

Been watching/reading this forum for a few days before I actually logged in properly and just want to say a big thanks to everyone who posts general advice etc, invaluably helpful for someone who normally relies on others to get tickets for gigs : )

Offline jules

• Stateless
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2014, 04:44:11 AM »
I actually entered the 'waiting room' (for London tickets) at about 9:40am and watched the page automatically update.... at about 10:01am I got a place in the queue and bingo tickets bought by 10:02am. Couldn't believe it went so easy.

Note: this wasn't ticketmaster but axs who are the O2's ticket partner I believe...

Offline BonosArm

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2014, 04:48:15 AM »
Jules, were you after GA/did you get them? I was in the waiting room from about the same time as you, standing still available, apparently, but kept telling me 'no result'.. wondering if I should have held on?!