Author Topic: Pricing  (Read 4759 times)

Offline ecadad

• Staring at the Sun
  • 🐍
Pricing
« on: December 04, 2014, 11:02:45 AM »
People who were in the presale today: how much were tickets?

Offline kevc

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: Pricing
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 11:57:47 AM »
looks like 35 - 180 for the UK, GA is 62 for Glasgow

Think the UK is dearer than US and EU.

Looks like the prices are $35 - $200 for US and Euro 73-190 for the eurozone

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 11:59:10 AM »
OK, but here's the real question; how much are GAs?

Offline shadedpain4

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 12:39:31 PM »
Quote from: Monicalea link=topic=25482around
.msg1497966#msg1497966 date=1417719550
OK, but here's the real question; how much are GAs?

I believe the ones I got were $75 each, around $170 total for a pair with surcharges (these were for one of the Vancouver shows).

Offline Dmcuth

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 12:46:47 PM »
Got two GA for NYC for $180 total. There are $35 seats all the way at the top and $300 seats

Offline dac21

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 12:54:00 PM »
Reserved tickets for LA were $500 and change for the better lower bowl seats. Some decent deals could be had in the lower section in the back which went for $118, the extended Stage should get you some close face time. The best of the best lower level were not available, I'm assuming they were held back and or VIP sales.  Upper level were $315 if I recall and with the seats higher up and further back $118 and supposedely some for $45.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 01:08:36 PM by dac21 »

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 01:58:52 PM »
Tickets for GA in Glasgow were 61, which is fair enough. However, the best seats will not be sold in any presale in the UK, U2 have decided to artificially inflate the ticket prices and sell them through TM's Platinum seating website in General Sale only.

Offline kevc

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 02:04:04 PM »
pre sale code for tomorrow for either 6th 7th Glasgow, 61 a ticket decent for a band like U2, I paid 70 each for flletwood mac upper tier so cant complain, also trying to get 35 ticket in Mondays pre sale for either the 6th or 7th or maybe some added UK dates Manchester / Leeds or even possible London

Offline edgeking8

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 02:07:54 PM »
Are prices the same for the Barcelona and the Berlin show? anyone already bought their tickets to either of them? How much werethey? :) I'm kinda new to this..

Offline reventhon

• Stateless
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 01:40:02 PM »
Prices for GA in London I can live with. Just over 60 with fees but sold out for all four dates. Prices for the seats, to me, are astronomical though. I just won't pay it. Very sad.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2014, 01:44:04 PM »
GA for Boston was $68, or $87.50 after taxes and fees. With this stage setup, an absolute STEAL in today's market.

olimar

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2014, 02:16:47 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Prices for GA in London I can live with. Just over 60 with fees but sold out for all four dates. Prices for the seats, to me, are astronomical though. I just won't pay it. Very sad.

I bought 90 seats and thought- these are amongst the most expensive gig tickets I have ever bought (in fact, Im sure they are) and yet that doesnt even get you a view thats central to the stage.
I posted elsewhere on this forum about how U2 have never felt more corporate than with this tour (and having two distinct shows on separate days makes me feel compelled to get tickets for the next night, yet the cost is getting ridiculous).

As with another post on this thread, I also noticed that ticketmaster were selling the London shows as "Hot Ticket Package" and that, from what I can see, seems like the only way to get the tickets that actually face the stage (at 180 or so).

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2014, 02:23:42 PM »
GA for Boston was $68, or $87.50 after taxes and fees. With this stage setup, an absolute STEAL in today's market.

That isn't bad at all.

Offline achtungx

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Lillywhite Called Me a Naughty British Slang Word
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2014, 02:39:16 PM »
I wouldn't pay $200+ for a ticket. GA is creeping ever so slowly to $100 per person...and you don't even get a seat :-) I get that they have to offset the low prices of GA and the very inexpensive $35 by having the best reserved tickets be expensive, but no way should they be more than the monthly payment on a family sedan. I've been to 8 shows, soon to be 9, and they are getting close to  pricing me out, a fan of 23 years.

For a populist band, $300+ for a single ticket to a  two hour concert is disgraceful. At that price, I don't think they are worth it. No band is worth that. There's no reason that the most expensive tickets can't be around $150, other than pure greed.

Thankfully I was able to get GA tickets, otherwise I would've tried for the crappy $35 tickets at the regular sale, and if that failed, just decided to stay home.

olimar

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2014, 02:46:39 PM »
I wouldn't pay $200+ for a ticket. GA is creeping ever so slowly to $100 per person...and you don't even get a seat :-) I get that they have to offset the low prices of GA and the very inexpensive $35 by having the best reserved tickets be expensive, but no way should they be more than the monthly payment on a family sedan. I've been to 8 shows, soon to be 9, and they are getting close to  pricing me out, a fan of 23 years.

For a populist band, $300+ for a single ticket to a  two hour concert is disgraceful. At that price, I don't think they are worth it. No band is worth that. There's no reason that the most expensive tickets can't be around $150, other than pure greed.

Thankfully I was able to get GA tickets, otherwise I would've tried for the crappy $35 tickets at the regular sale, and if that failed, just decided to stay home.

Agreed.
I looked at the venue plan, saw where all the expensive seats were and I wonder how much the band will actually enjoy the experience. Aside from the people screaming around their feet and up in the gods, all of the seats directly in front of them are going to be people paying corporate rates and showing little engagement.