Author Topic: Pricing  (Read 4762 times)

Offline padrepio1967

• Wanderer
Re: Pricing
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2014, 03:14:51 PM »
Ready for this guys !!  I paid 400 for a v.i.p ticket for the 360 degree tour at hampden, glasgow.
It got us into the ground at 5pm, free 4 course meal, free bevvy, back inside after concert for more free bevvy and a dj playing music till bout 1 am. It sounds great does`nt it apart from the fact that our seats were at the opposite end of the stadium from where the stage was. I bought these tickets through Live Nation and did not even use my u2.com presale code. Never again !! Agree with the previous poster that U2 have never seemed more corporate and that is saying something after the last tour !! They are telling us fans that there are going to be 2 different shows encouraging us to buy 2 sets of tickets and its working cause thats what i am gonna try and do, have got fri tickets for glasgow and gonna try and get my daughter to get me sat tickets come Monday morning . My problem is that they should be telling us on what night the rock show will be and on what night the unplugged show is on AND is it going to be 2 different set lists each night or the same set list both nights played differently. Its a helluva price to pay top whack for a concert and not really know what you are gonna get.
P.S Would just like to add that the v.i.p packages are available again for 435 and u2 2 who are a top class tribute band are playing the after party on the fri night and the pre party on the sat night, I`d imagine its the v.i.p`s that get to see them. They are certainly not worth paying 435 vip ticket to see them but they really are an excellent u2 tribute band.

olimar

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2014, 03:39:29 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ready for this guys !!  I paid 400 for a v.i.p ticket for the 360 degree tour at hampden, glasgow.
It got us into the ground at 5pm, free 4 course meal, free bevvy, back inside after concert for more free bevvy and a dj playing music till bout 1 am. It sounds great does`nt it apart from the fact that our seats were at the opposite end of the stadium from where the stage was. I bought these tickets through Live Nation and did not even use my u2.com presale code. Never again !! Agree with the previous poster that U2 have never seemed more corporate and that is saying something after the last tour !! They are telling us fans that there are going to be 2 different shows encouraging us to buy 2 sets of tickets and its working cause thats what i am gonna try and do, have got fri tickets for glasgow and gonna try and get my daughter to get me sat tickets come Monday morning . My problem is that they should be telling us on what night the rock show will be and on what night the unplugged show is on AND is it going to be 2 different set lists each night or the same set list both nights played differently. Its a helluva price to pay top whack for a concert and not really know what you are gonna get.
P.S Would just like to add that the v.i.p packages are available again for 435 and u2 2 who are a top class tribute band are playing the after party on the fri night and the pre party on the sat night, I`d imagine its the v.i.p`s that get to see them. They are certainly not worth paying 435 vip ticket to see them but they really are an excellent u2 tribute band.

Your comments on the 2nd night are exactly what I put in my post elsewhere on the same subject. It feels exploitative to try and encourage fans to buy back to back tickets to make sure we dont miss anything. Like you, I will also try to get two sets of tickets, but Id be disappointed if I do that and the set lists/show are similar on both nights. Im buying two different tours at the same time, I think.

Offline AllThoseThingsILove

• Party Girl/Boy
  • "as a ninja hits the ground..." ;)
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2014, 09:46:11 PM »
....... They are telling us fans that there are going to be 2 different shows encouraging us to buy 2 sets of tickets and its working cause thats what i am gonna try and do, have got fri tickets for glasgow and gonna try and get my daughter to get me sat tickets come Monday morning . My problem is that they should be telling us on what night the rock show will be and on what night the unplugged show is on AND is it going to be 2 different set lists each night or the same set list both nights played differently. Its a helluva price to pay top whack for a concert and not really know what you are gonna get.

I can't imagine that they would do one of the two unplugged... imagine the furor over that, without announcing before ticket sales opened.

Offline vertical42

• Babyface
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2014, 11:24:43 AM »
I wouldn't pay $200+ for a ticket. GA is creeping ever so slowly to $100 per person...and you don't even get a seat :-) I get that they have to offset the low prices of GA and the very inexpensive $35 by having the best reserved tickets be expensive, but no way should they be more than the monthly payment on a family sedan. I've been to 8 shows, soon to be 9, and they are getting close to  pricing me out, a fan of 23 years.

For a populist band, $300+ for a single ticket to a  two hour concert is disgraceful. At that price, I don't think they are worth it. No band is worth that. There's no reason that the most expensive tickets can't be around $150, other than pure greed.

Thankfully I was able to get GA tickets, otherwise I would've tried for the crappy $35 tickets at the regular sale, and if that failed, just decided to stay home.

I completely agree.  I had the chance to get either Chicago or NYC tickets but both only had Level 100 seats.  Either city would require travel for me so with some quick ballpark numbers for travel costs, food / drink, I reckoned close to a cool $1000, all in.  So...I passed on this presale.

It's not that we can't afford it or would be stretching to do it, it just seems out of proportion for going to see a show - for me anyway.  So I think you're spot on:  they're starting to price some fans out.

Monday is the public sale, will vie for GA tix and see what happens.

Offline Yaro

• Stateless
  • Everything you know is wrong
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2014, 01:35:40 PM »
I wouldn't pay $200+ for a ticket. GA is creeping ever so slowly to $100 per person...and you don't even get a seat :-) I get that they have to offset the low prices of GA and the very inexpensive $35 by having the best reserved tickets be expensive, but no way should they be more than the monthly payment on a family sedan. I've been to 8 shows, soon to be 9, and they are getting close to  pricing me out, a fan of 23 years.

For a populist band, $300+ for a single ticket to a  two hour concert is disgraceful. At that price, I don't think they are worth it. No band is worth that. There's no reason that the most expensive tickets can't be around $150, other than pure greed.

Thankfully I was able to get GA tickets, otherwise I would've tried for the crappy $35 tickets at the regular sale, and if that failed, just decided to stay home.

I completely agree.  I had the chance to get either Chicago or NYC tickets but both only had Level 100 seats.  Either city would require travel for me so with some quick ballpark numbers for travel costs, food / drink, I reckoned close to a cool $1000, all in.  So...I passed on this presale.

It's not that we can't afford it or would be stretching to do it, it just seems out of proportion for going to see a show - for me anyway.  So I think you're spot on:  they're starting to price some fans out.

Absolutely correct..!!My wife and I are both fans for 20 + yrs...seen them many many times,always supported them,t-shirts,posters,cd's,dvd's,u name it..but this is the first time we most likely gonna miss the tour..unless they come to Detroit ( 2nd leg)..I took a day off yesterday,tried to get tickets  for Toronto shows(presale)..we wanted to GA...now that was a joke,because it was impossible to score any..I mean for like 2 minutes few of the  $120 range were showing ( 189 with taxes + fees) and after that only $ 300 dollar tix for few moer minutes ($ 375 )... hotel in Toronto plus gas-thousand + dollar trip easily...When I think about what I could buy with that loot for my two lil' kids-no way...I wouldnt even enjoy the darn show..I ve read average price for NY shows is  $675..nice..enjoy, some corporate office rats..wonder if that new management (manager) is giving them these great ideas..I guess we have to pay for that ,,free" album after all...sad..I guess will also try GA Monday public..if not, Blu ray DVD 2 yrs from now will have to do..:-(

Offline Zoo_TV

• Wanderer
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2014, 03:39:25 PM »

Absolutely correct..!!My wife and I are both fans for 20 + yrs...seen them many many times,always supported them,t-shirts,posters,cd's,dvd's,u name it..but this is the first time we most likely gonna miss the tour..unless they come to Detroit ( 2nd leg)..I took a day off yesterday,tried to get tickets  for Toronto shows(presale)..we wanted to GA...now that was a joke,because it was impossible to score any..I mean for like 2 minutes few of the  $120 range were showing ( 189 with taxes + fees) and after that only $ 300 dollar tix for few moer minutes ($ 375 )... hotel in Toronto plus gas-thousand + dollar trip easily...When I think about what I could buy with that loot for my two lil' kids-no way...I wouldnt even enjoy the darn show..I ve read average price for NY shows is  $675..nice..enjoy, some corporate office rats..wonder if that new management (manager) is giving them these great ideas..I guess we have to pay for that ,,free" album after all...sad..I guess will also try GA Monday public..if not, Blu ray DVD 2 yrs from now will have to do..:-(

God i hear  ya brother, its worse for us in the south.  Would cost me over $2000 to go to NY.  I hope they will learn from Pearl Jam and post of audio of the shows, but it is doubt full.  I am not liking the "build it and they will come" approach to this tour. 

Offline vertical42

• Babyface
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2014, 03:50:27 PM »
I started going to their shows with Zoo TV in 92 but a fan since 85, so I know where you're coming from.  And I have caught them in other cities around the US and it was reasonable to do. 

We'll see what Monday brings but I really can't see spending an estimated $1000 for a 2 hr show - even if it is my long time favorite band.  I must be getting old...
:-\

Offline Yaro

• Stateless
  • Everything you know is wrong
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2014, 04:27:12 PM »
I started going to their shows with Zoo TV in 92 but a fan since 85, so I know where you're coming from.  And I have caught them in other cities around the US and it was reasonable to do. 

We'll see what Monday brings but I really can't see spending an estimated $1000 for a 2 hr show - even if it is my long time favorite band.  I must be getting old...
:-\
Sure hope Mr.Hewson has a laptop at his hospital bed and read some of these..its a shame that ton and ton of long time U2 fans just cant afford their next tour...its like this  tour its aiming for young single professionals-or well off corporate offices...

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2014, 04:28:00 PM »
US tickets are dirt cheap. Wait til Australian ticket prices are announced next year...

Offline padrepio1967

• Wanderer
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2014, 02:46:56 PM »

Sure hope Mr.Hewson has a laptop at his hospital bed and read some of these..its a shame that ton and ton of long time U2 fans just cant afford their next tour...its like this  tour its aiming for young single professionals-or well off corporate offices...
[/quote]

Do you honestly think Mr Hewson or indeed any of the band is or would be the slightest bothered if long term U2 fans could not afford going to see this tour , think you might be a wee bit deluded my friend if you think that is the case, history does`nt back you up....sure there were some cheap tickets for the 360 tour but the shortfall that would have been felt in the pricing of those was more than made up for with the extortionate pricing of other seats on the same tour , they were even selling tickets on the premise of it being a 360 tour but i sure as hell would nt have been wanting to sit at the back of that stage to be staring at the back of 4 head for 2 hours....some times the truth hurts but our boys are as corporate as they come..... old manager/new manager its all the same

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2014, 04:19:14 PM »
Going both nights in Montreal 300.00 each night in the lower red sections, what are they thinking? 600.00 for 4hrs of entertainment outrageous, Not to mention just before Christmas, very disappointed with the costs.

Offline flopro

• Party Girl/Boy
  • The Edge is god... Bono's just a decoy...
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2014, 04:21:37 PM »
London tickets in the presale were about 55 - 65, i think that's rather cheap for the biggest band in the world!

Offline rcamu2

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2014, 05:23:06 PM »
US tickets are dirt cheap. Wait til Australian ticket prices are announced next year...

do you consider 300+ to be "dirt cheap" ? that's not just a few seats, but most of lower bowls and huge chunks of middle and/or upper bowls.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2014, 06:17:43 PM »
I deal only in GA prices. I care not for these seats of which you speak.

Offline achtungx

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Lillywhite Called Me a Naughty British Slang Word
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2014, 09:06:46 AM »
Going both nights in Montreal 300.00 each night in the lower red sections, what are they thinking? 600.00 for 4hrs of entertainment outrageous, Not to mention just before Christmas, very disappointed with the costs.
Nobody forced you to buy the $300 tickets. As someone posted in another thread, Adam Clayton is not holding a gun to your head.