Author Topic: For those who didn't buy GA ...  (Read 4281 times)

Offline Streets

• Stateless
  • I hear voices, ridiculous voices.
Re: For those who didn't buy GA ...
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2014, 08:33:36 PM »
San Jose night 1: Section 109
San Jose night 2: Section 120

They're on roughly opposite ends of the venue, so the relative views should be interesting.

Each cost $116.50 after fees.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2014, 07:28:17 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
why why why would you not buy GA? I'm so sorry i didn't for 360.

I've done it twice and it was a great experience, but I can't sit on the sidewalk in the hot July sun for 12 hours anymore.  That's why, why, why.

Is that really necessary to queue for hours (genuine question) I have never queued up to get into a show and had standing tickets lots of times always ending up with a good spec.... Or is your view of a good spec front only?

Spec??  I do like to be in at least the first 10-15 rows or it just isn't worth trying to see over all the heads, cameras and cell phones.  And for arenas, that means putting in the time.

Ah apologies i sometimes forget that this isn't a "local" forum - Spec is a colloquialism, it means spot or place in a crowd....

Fair do's as to your reasoning.

Offline raider80

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2014, 07:57:18 AM »
Chicago, June 25, Section 302, Row 3....can't wait

Offline Melon

• Wanderer
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2014, 08:03:22 AM »
Anyone any idea what section will be behind the stage? Or do you think the stage will be in the middle - along the long side? Very difficult to understand. I was thinking about London, but I guess my question goes for any show, really. Looking at only a television screen is not something I would like.

I have tix to two NYC shows that are designated "rear stage", they are in secs 111 (7/18 show) and 112 (7/19 show) at Madison Square Garden.  If you look at the Ticketmaster chart those sections are far at the opposite end from the Red Zone.  I also have a ticket in Section 2 (7/22 show) at the Garden which is at the opposite end by the Red Zone.

Going by the Turin seating chart the Sec 2 seat is making me especially excited for that show.  For 7/23 MSG I have a ticket in Sec 202.  For the two Vancouver shows I have GA.  Spent $86.50 USD each on all MSG tix except for 7/22 which was $118 (incl. TM fees).  Vancouver was $88 CAD each.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2014, 02:26:51 PM »
Anyone any idea what section will be behind the stage? Or do you think the stage will be in the middle - along the long side? Very difficult to understand. I was thinking about London, but I guess my question goes for any show, really. Looking at only a television screen is not something I would like.

I have tix to two NYC shows that are designated "rear stage", they are in secs 111 (7/18 show) and 112 (7/19 show) at Madison Square Garden.  If you look at the Ticketmaster chart those sections are far at the opposite end from the Red Zone.  I also have a ticket in Section 2 (7/22 show) at the Garden which is at the opposite end by the Red Zone.

Going by the Turin seating chart the Sec 2 seat is making me especially excited for that show.  For 7/23 MSG I have a ticket in Sec 202.  For the two Vancouver shows I have GA.  Spent $86.50 USD each on all MSG tix except for 7/22 which was $118 (incl. TM fees).  Vancouver was $88 CAD each.

Melon, did you search for those seats on the map for NYC or did they come up? Those are great prices! I would love to try for those for future shows.

Those seats could be fantastic! The San Jose map posted here dated 11/15 I think it was had the most detail and there is clearly a "B" stage. The side view seats for all venues, even in the lower row 300s section are $300, so this looks to be a great visual show too!

Offline bonorules

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2014, 03:31:53 PM »
Section 210 for NYC 2

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2014, 04:13:10 PM »
why why why would you not buy GA? I'm so sorry i didn't for 360.

I've done it twice and it was a great experience, but I can't sit on the sidewalk in the hot July sun for 12 hours anymore.  That's why, why, why.

Is that really necessary to queue for hours (genuine question) I have never queued up to get into a show and had standing tickets lots of times always ending up with a good spec.... Or is your view of a good spec front only?

Spec??  I do like to be in at least the first 10-15 rows or it just isn't worth trying to see over all the heads, cameras and cell phones.  And for arenas, that means putting in the time.

Ah apologies i sometimes forget that this isn't a "local" forum - Spec is a colloquialism, it means spot or place in a crowd....

Fair do's as to your reasoning.

Thanks an tha, good to know!

Offline dghickey

• Babyface
  • I don't wanna promise cuz I don't wanna lie.
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2014, 06:24:32 PM »
Sec 230//Seats 23-24 (end of the row) for Phoenix 1, got them Monday after I got my presale tickets. Kind of a last minute thing for a friend of mine who hasn't seen U2 yet.
&
GA for LA 3 + 4

Offline AchtungPop

• Staring at the Sun
  • Walk On
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2014, 10:48:03 PM »
MSG Lower Level 111. Rear Stage. Rear Stage isn't a bad thing right? I mean they were $86 each. Just hope they aren't obstructed or anything like that.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 10:55:29 PM by AchtungPop »

Offline Kgpayne

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2014, 12:12:35 AM »
Vancouver 2nd show, section 116, row 14 - across from Red Zone.  Very curious if this is close to stage B or main stage! 

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2014, 02:44:11 PM »
Vancouver 2nd show, section 116, row 14 - across from Red Zone.  Very curious if this is close to stage B or main stage!

I'm 7 rows behind you  :D

Offline Melon

• Wanderer
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2014, 02:08:29 PM »

Melon, did you search for those seats on the map for NYC or did they come up? Those are great prices! I would love to try for those for future shows.

Those seats could be fantastic! The San Jose map posted here dated 11/15 I think it was had the most detail and there is clearly a "B" stage. The side view seats for all venues, even in the lower row 300s section are $300, so this looks to be a great visual show too!

Hey, sorry, just getting back to this - it wasn't via map, no.  I was specifically searching for $86 Floor but TM offered up the Sec 2 ticket as an alternative to no GA tix.  For the 111 and 112, I searched $86 lower and floor and came up with those. :)  Today after no joy with just $86 floor, I searched $86/$118 floor and lowers and it gave me Sec 120 for both the 26th and 27th.