Author Topic: U2.com membership issue  (Read 1201 times)

Offline chaseme65

• Wanderer
U2.com membership issue
« on: December 04, 2014, 04:21:25 PM »
I was all set to buy my tickets this morning and realized that it wasn't going to let me in because U2.com listed me at the "innocence" level!  I cannot imagine how this could be. 

I've been a paying member of U2's website since U2 created its own website (and Propaganda before that).  One of the main reasons I've paid the fees is for days like today...because I like the option of getting first crack at seats.  I've never let my subscription lag and, as a matter of fact, I just renewed again over the Thanksgiving break because of the offer to get the vinyl album with my renewal.  I didn't realize tickets were about to go on sale...but that shouldn't really matter. The website should have a record that shows that renewal or not, I've been a paying member for many, many, many years now. 

I'm pretty frosted that I lost out on getting access to the best seats because of the website's snafu.  But I have to believe that I'm not the only one that basically got screwed this way.  I'll certainly try again tomorrow to see what's left but it is, indeed, frustrating to pay for your first day access and not get it.  Has this happened to anyone else?

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
Re: U2.com membership issue
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 04:23:06 PM »
Have you tried contacting U2.com?

Offline chaseme65

• Wanderer
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 04:24:19 PM »
I did send an email explaining my situation and frustration but haven't heard back from them. I'm sure they are crazy busy on a day like today...by the time they get back to me, I would imagine that I will have been able to get in tomorrow...so I'm not sure I will get much satisfaction from this.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 04:29:07 PM »
Well that sucks…  :-\ Good luck w/ tomorrow then - I'd still try to contact them, either way...

Offline dawnboo

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 06:06:01 PM »
Membership problems for me, too. I inadvertently let my membership lapse earlier this year. When I realized, I immediately renewed it -- on Sept 10, which turned out to be a day or two after the cutoff date. (I'm still not sure if you had to be paid up BEFORE Sept 9 or BY Sept 9.  Either way, I was too late.)  At that time, I was concerned that I might have lost my priority ranking, which was in the top tier since I've been a member for at least a decade without a lapse. I contacted Live Nation Fan Club customer service and received the following response from them last month: "Rest assured, you are still Priority Group A. As long as you continue to renew as opposed to creating a new membership you will not lose your priority membership standing." 

So, imagine my dismay yesterday to find myself in Group B and not able to participate in the presale until the second day.  I tried contacting Customer Service repeatedly at two different numbers and by email.  I finally spoke to a woman on the phone this morning about an hour before the presale started but she said I had to call the main number.  I was never able to get through on that number... Just kept getting an automated response that they were experiencing high call volume and to try my call again later.  No option to be put on hold.  I never got any response to my email so far.

I am going to continue to try to get this resolved but it’s almost certainly not going to be before tomorrow’s presale.  At this point, I just want to make sure that I get put back into the top group for any presales for future legs of the tour.  So unbelievably frustrating… 

Dawn S.
A devoted fan who attended my first U2 concert 30 years ago, on December 9, 1984

Offline chaseme65

• Wanderer
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 06:13:34 PM »
I feel your pain Dawn...it's so frustrating to miss out on an opportunity for great seats when we've literally paid for that right. Who knows how many more U2 tours there will be?

Offline EvryPoetisAthief

• Stateless
  • Throw a rock in the air, you'll hit someone guilty
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 07:05:17 PM »
I miss the propaganda days where everything was done thru mail and paper forms.

Offline chaseme65

• Wanderer
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 07:08:56 PM »
It was a pretty awesome magazine...more human and personal.  I like the features on the website but, like most websites, it's impersonal.

Offline chaseme65

• Wanderer
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 08:12:51 PM »
OK so U2.com customer service replied back to my email trying to resolve this with a form letter type of statement that did nothing. They suggested that if this did not resolve my issue I should either reply back to the email or call the number below. That surprised me...so I called the number...waited 45 minutes on hold. Finally got someone and it was a Live Nation rep. She was very nice but ultimately could do nothing at all for my situation. So I emailed them back. This is run like a government organization it seems....not exactly efficient or well-thought out. sigh.

Offline chaseme65

• Wanderer
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 04:33:20 PM »
And to complete the story, I got in on day 2 and just as I was in the best seats got eaten up before my eyes and I am in the back corner of the lower level.  I will love the show I'm sure but in the end, I was ripped off by U2.com because my membership never lapsed and they still put me in as a newbie and I lost out on great seats as a result.  I'm glad the show is in June because right now I'm just aggravated.

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 04:47:19 PM »
Hi
I know this may not help now, but the moderators on Zootopia forum are the guys to speak to if you want a ticket issue sorted.

Bajagirl and Bigwave are the guys to message if you have issues.

They are magnificent and have been sorting hundreds of issues around the world ! (including me)