Author Topic: U2.com Membership Issues...  (Read 1019 times)

Offline dawnboo

• Babyface
U2.com Membership Issues...
« on: December 04, 2014, 06:04:55 PM »
Membership problems for me, too. I inadvertently let my membership lapse earlier this year. When I realized, I immediately renewed it -- on Sept 10, which turned out to be a day or two after the cutoff date. (I'm still not sure if you had to be paid up BEFORE Sept 9 or BY Sept 9.  Either way, I was too late.)  At that time, I was concerned that I might have lost my priority ranking, which was in the top tier since I've been a member for at least a decade without a lapse. I contacted Live Nation Fan Club customer service and received the following response from them last month: "Rest assured, you are still Priority Group A. As long as you continue to renew as opposed to creating a new membership you will not lose your priority membership standing." 

So, imagine my dismay yesterday to find myself in Group B and not able to participate in the presale until the second day.  I tried contacting Customer Service repeatedly at two different numbers and by email.  I finally spoke to a woman on the phone this morning about an hour before the presale started but she said I had to call the main number.  I was never able to get through on that number... Just kept getting an automated response that they were experiencing high call volume and to try my call again later.  No option to be put on hold.  I never got any response to my email so far.

I am going to continue to try to get this resolved but it’s almost certainly not going to be during this presale.  At this point, I just want to make sure that I get put back into the top group for any presales for future legs of the tour.  So unbelievably frustrating… 

Dawn S.
A devoted fan who attended my first U2 concert 30 years ago, on December 9, 1984

Offline HolyHandGrenade

• Stateless
Re: U2.com Membership Issues...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 07:45:59 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Membership problems for me, too. I inadvertently let my membership lapse earlier this year. When I realized, I immediately renewed it -- on Sept 10, which turned out to be a day or two after the cutoff date. (I'm still not sure if you had to be paid up BEFORE Sept 9 or BY Sept 9.  Either way, I was too late.)  At that time, I was concerned that I might have lost my priority ranking, which was in the top tier since I've been a member for at least a decade without a lapse. I contacted Live Nation Fan Club customer service and received the following response from them last month: "Rest assured, you are still Priority Group A. As long as you continue to renew as opposed to creating a new membership you will not lose your priority membership standing." 

So, imagine my dismay yesterday to find myself in Group B and not able to participate in the presale until the second day.  I tried contacting Customer Service repeatedly at two different numbers and by email.  I finally spoke to a woman on the phone this morning about an hour before the presale started but she said I had to call the main number.  I was never able to get through on that number... Just kept getting an automated response that they were experiencing high call volume and to try my call again later.  No option to be put on hold.  I never got any response to my email so far.

I am going to continue to try to get this resolved but it’s almost certainly not going to be during this presale.  At this point, I just want to make sure that I get put back into the top group for any presales for future legs of the tour.  So unbelievably frustrating… 

Dawn S.
A devoted fan who attended my first U2 concert 30 years ago, on December 9, 1984

Exactly the same problem for me too. If U2's team has the guts to make an announcement only a day before a sale, they absolutely should have made sure they had enough staff to respond to each and every "VALUED" member's issues, not just make a fancy new FAQ and automated message. I'm just brimming with excitement that I'm in group two /s

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
Re: U2.com Membership Issues...
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 10:01:32 PM »
Same thing happened to me.I've been a fan club member since '85 so I was surprised to be in the B category.I renewed on September 10th '13  instead of waiting until my subscription ended in March.Not happy.