Author Topic: Additional shows?  (Read 5004 times)

Offline keaton

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: Additional shows?
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2014, 03:03:04 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
They're neglecting whole COUNTRIES. Switzerland, Austria, Portugal, Denmark.

The whole Central-Eastern Europe actually.

Offline keaton

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2014, 03:04:07 PM »
There's space for a few more dates, mostly in Europe. Note especially the gap around Barcelona, a city which went on sale late (Thus didn't sell out with the rest) but which can easily support four shows. Concievable that they could announce extra London dates along with announcing new Barcelona dates in the next few days.

Barcelona is practically sold out now (11 pm CET) so there will be additional dates there too... probably.

Offline mofomat

• Refugee
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2014, 04:40:13 PM »
Hopefully the gap between London and Glasgow means they are considering Manchester in between. Makes sense. Easier for those in Northern England to attend and the Phones4U arena is massive. Makes more sense than another London show.

Not going to happen.

They're neglecting whole COUNTRIES. Switzerland, Austria, Portugal, Denmark. It makes me laugh that people are complaining about having to travel all the way to London when it's two hours on a train and they're every 20 minutes from Piccadilly.  ::)

No one's complaining. Although I agree it's perhaps not fair they haven't any gigs in these countries, I think it's pretty obvious those dates were left spare for additional UK slots. And if that is the case, it might as well be Manchester. Logistically it makes sense.

There certainly is in other threads.  ;D

There was a screenshot posted about five days ago showing that 2nd and 3rd November dates in London are planned. So there's your extra UK dates.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2014, 04:46:25 PM »
There's space for a few more dates, mostly in Europe. Note especially the gap around Barcelona, a city which went on sale late (Thus didn't sell out with the rest) but which can easily support four shows. Concievable that they could announce extra London dates along with announcing new Barcelona dates in the next few days.

Barcelona is practically sold out now (11 pm CET) so there will be additional dates there too... probably.
Asia from 1980 - 2014 says hi as well.

Most populous continent on earth.

Offline rcamu2

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2014, 08:05:03 PM »
a handful of dates in Japan doesn't cover Asia ?

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2014, 09:07:22 PM »
Why yes, Paul mcguinness, I suppose it does. :-)

Offline renno

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2014, 04:03:05 AM »
There will be a 2nd wave of added dates next tuesday i think and they will go down the pre sale route just like this week

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2014, 04:16:41 AM »
Not sure it's really fair to criticise the band for touring so heavily in Western countries.  I am not in the industry but should imagine it very difficult to tour in places not on the usual circuit - are there venues across India where rock bands can play?  What kind of management/companies exist there to help them put on shows?  I'm not sure I've heard of any kind of Western musician who has toured in India, no punk or alternative band either - unless my friends going busking whilst travelling around the country counts.  Of course it'd be great if a band like U2 were the first to attempt to put on rock concerts in countries that have not been served before, but I don't think it'd be easy.  No doubt the fact it would probably not be as profitable as performing in affluent Western countries with ready-built venues for their shows is going to make it even less likely to happen.

Offline mofomat

• Refugee
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2014, 04:29:11 AM »
Why yes, Paul mcguinness, I suppose it does. :-)

And whilst I completely agree with your point, they also played Tel Aviv on the 30th September 1997 on the Popmart Tour, which is Asia even though it was bundled in with the European dates, and they played Istanbul on the 6th September 2010, and although the stadium was on the European side of the city, half of the city of Istanbul is in Asia.

But I'm being pedantic.  ;D

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2014, 07:37:37 AM »
Not sure it's really fair to criticise the band for touring so heavily in Western countries.  I am not in the industry but should imagine it very difficult to tour in places not on the usual circuit - are there venues across India where rock bands can play?  What kind of management/companies exist there to help them put on shows?  I'm not sure I've heard of any kind of Western musician who has toured in India, no punk or alternative band either - unless my friends going busking whilst travelling around the country counts.  Of course it'd be great if a band like U2 were the first to attempt to put on rock concerts in countries that have not been served before, but I don't think it'd be easy.  No doubt the fact it would probably not be as profitable as performing in affluent Western countries with ready-built venues for their shows is going to make it even less likely to happen.

My guess is that if they were to do Asia and Australia, it would make much more sense to tour those places with a stadium show - leg 5 or leg 7.  That way they can sell a lot of tickets and make it worth lugging their gear to the other side of the world.  They have done this sort of thing before (Lovetown, Zoomerang, PopMart leg 4, Vertigo, 360).  I agree that they should consider adding shows in India, China, Indonesia and the Phillipines (if local governments allow it and if there were enough SoI downloads), plus the usual shows in Aus, NZ and Japan (and SAmer, SAfr)

Offline rcamu2

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2014, 08:05:52 AM »
I know that iron Maiden and metallica have played India as well as other places in Asia.

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2014, 01:46:48 PM »
My guess is that if they were to do Asia and Australia, it would make much more sense to tour those places with a stadium show - leg 5 or leg 7. 

That's exactly what will happen. Well, the Australia bit. Japan will get a few shows. And that will be asia done.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2014, 04:59:42 AM »
Any more news as if to more dates will be added tomorrow?