Author Topic: Chicago June 24-25, 2015 - who's going?  (Read 5894 times)

Offline LarrysLeo

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Chicago June 24-25, 2015 - who's going?
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2015, 11:44:44 PM »
Flying up from Houston- will be seated the 24th and GA with a Chicago friend who will not be willing to line sit...

Offline Kindle

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2015, 11:55:26 PM »
I've got seats for the 28th, hoping to get tickets for the 25th.  Flying in from CA on the 24th.  I'll keep checking back for meet ups.  Anyone have a lead on 1-2 GA tickets for Thursday the 25th?  This would be my 10th show, and never done GA!

Offline boilerfan97

• Babyface
  • "only love can heal such a scar"
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2015, 01:35:20 PM »
I live in Chicagoland and will be there for Chicago 2! GA's! Can't wait! I contacted the UC on Monday. They didn't commit to GA time or rules at this point. In the past they weren't the most accommodating.  >:(  It would not surprise me if they do not do the advance GA line numbered wristbands the day of like at a couple venues this tour.  I hope they are better this time!

If you are driving, they said their "official" parking lots open 2 hours before the ticketed show time. There are some private lots in the area but it's not clear if they will open early. So it may be annoying to get a good number if driving.

Anyone have any tips on parking early? I've never done it there before.

Offline barbiemom4

• Wanderer
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2015, 11:52:58 PM »
 I am coming from tennessee for 24th and 25th,may try for 28th.This will be first time seeing u2,very excited.

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2015, 06:29:39 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

For the Chicago show in 2009, I just parked in one of the downtown underground lots nearest to Soldier Field and got it out under 24 hours later. The problem with United Center is that it's still a few miles away from these sorts of lots, but I imagine I'll try to find one closer to the show. That is, assuming that United Center won't let us get numbered in the morning and come back to park later in the afternoon.

Offline gatork

• Babyface
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2015, 02:35:55 PM »
Flying in from Atlanta for 1st and 2nd shows. GA both nights, after Denver I can't wait.

Offline domosoyo

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2015, 02:54:00 PM »
We are planning on taxi to United Center from our hotel north of Millennium Park. After the show, we'll grab a bus that takes us close to the hotel or close enough and bar hop all the way back to the hotel.

Anything has to be better than post 360 opener in Chicago. Bad crowd control...took forever just to leave Soldier Field grounds. Lots of people sitting on the Field Museum stairs because the crowd was not moving at all. They had created some kind of funnel exit that completely sucked. So different than the exit from a football game. It was unique because it made Chicago news. Anyone remember that quagmire?

Offline tcestes

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2015, 03:14:09 PM »
Very excited about the 24th. It will be my second U2 concert to attend. My first was during the ZooTV tour, so it has been awhile. I am coming from Tennessee and this will be my first time in Chicago.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2015, 10:51:45 PM »
Very excited about the 24th. It will be my second U2 concert to attend. My first was during the ZooTV tour, so it has been awhile. I am coming from Tennessee and this will be my first time in Chicago.

That is exciting! Safe travels and see you there! :)

Offline achtung_cj

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2015, 07:05:19 AM »
I'll be doing GA on the 24th for sure. If there happens to be a ticket drop, I'd like to grab one for the 25th as well. I'm flying in from North Carolina and staying with some Chicagoan relatives for the week. Heading to the airport shortly, in fact!!

A little more anxious about the line this time around, reading the venue info thread it seems like there's no concrete verdict on wristbands etc. Anybody got info/tips?

Offline Innocent Smith

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2015, 07:00:04 PM »
I live in Chicagoland and will be there for Chicago 2! GA's! Can't wait! I contacted the UC on Monday. They didn't commit to GA time or rules at this point. In the past they weren't the most accommodating.  >:(  It would not surprise me if they do not do the advance GA line numbered wristbands the day of like at a couple venues this tour.  I hope they are better this time!

If you are driving, they said their "official" parking lots open 2 hours before the ticketed show time. There are some private lots in the area but it's not clear if they will open early. So it may be annoying to get a good number if driving.

I'm not going to park there because I need to take a child to camp the next day and I don't want to be stuck in the lot for hours.

But what I am going to do is take the CTA Blue Line. The stop that is closest to the UC is called Illinois Medical District.

Here is link: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It is supposed to be a half mile drive to UC. However, looking at a detailed map, walking makes it shorter and about half way into the walk you are already adjacent to United Center parking lots.

I think it will be safe with all the activity.