Author Topic: "Camping Out" for GA  (Read 11181 times)

Offline rcamu2

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: "Camping Out" for GA
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2014, 02:19:15 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What's funny is that if you do a search for "three sisters" and U2, you actually get hits of video clips of them being pulled on stage at multiple shows. I guess in a way, if the band seeks you out like this to come on stage all the time, you likely develop a sense of entitlement. Perhaps Bono should consider rotating his on stage guest a little more ;-0. You can tell from this video link that they expect it and are perfectly comfortable being on stage.

Of course when it came to the Boston filming they didn't get to be in front and they staged a sit down protest during the show. there's a few shots you can see them and a shot or two of Larry looking at them in disgust, as well he should.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2014, 02:21:26 PM »
What's funny is that if you do a search for "three sisters" and U2, you actually get hits of video clips of them being pulled on stage at multiple shows. I guess in a way, if the band seeks you out like this to come on stage all the time, you likely develop a sense of entitlement. Perhaps Bono should consider rotating his on stage guest a little more ;-0. You can tell from this video link that they expect it and are perfectly comfortable being on stage.

Of course when it came to the Boston filming they didn't get to be in front and they staged a sit down protest during the show. there's a few shots you can see them and a shot or two of Larry looking at them in disgust, as well he should.

Hahaha, that is funny.

Offline cmmott

• Babyface
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2014, 02:22:26 PM »

Totally forgot about that. Yet...they (U2) continue to feed the behavior by rewarding them for being front and center. They then expect it and ruin the fan experience for anyone who has the audacity to get in line before them. Oh well...life goes on. Don't have enough brain cells to waste any on them  :D

Offline RobBankRobber

• Refugee
  • I kissed your lips and broke your heart.
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2014, 02:26:25 PM »
99% are great people. I think I learned its best not to attempt to be in front of the line. That is when you are most likely to run into the self entitled super-fan. At the end of the day, being 50-150 or so gets you a solid spot anyway.

I disagree, taking these people on and exposing their selfishness and closed shop mentallity really should happen, otherwise they will continue to ride roughshod over others.

If i was someone who wanted to get up front and go through the hours of waiting I would absolutely take them on and stand my ground. Anybody who is in front of me is in front of me fair do's but anybody behind is behind, regardless of their own warped view of things.

I disagree also. I will always try to be right up front. I will never let another fan or their behavior discourage me from that. If you do, they win.

As far as these three sisters acting snobby, I can't see why.. Come on Bono.. You can find way better in the audience.. You're Bono.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2014, 09:13:32 PM »
I wonder if there are any U2 GA Nazis on this forum who would care to comment or defend the practices being described here on past tours.

Can anyone comment on what was done for GA during 360?  (I was in seats for all the shows I went to).

Zoost may be able to help you out there but he's conspicuously absent from this thread. He's probably deeply embarrassed being in the minority with his selfish ideas.

Cheap shot a******.

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2014, 12:20:21 AM »
I wonder if there are any U2 GA Nazis on this forum who would care to comment or defend the practices being described here on past tours.

Can anyone comment on what was done for GA during 360?  (I was in seats for all the shows I went to).

Zoost may be able to help you out there but he's conspicuously absent from this thread. He's probably deeply embarrassed being in the minority with his selfish ideas.

Cheap shot a******.

Come on Zoost, do tell.  Inquiring minds want to know.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2014, 01:16:45 AM »

Cheap shot a******.

Nothing to tell, sorry. I was defending the practice of U2 fans trying to organize a fair and friendly GA line. I have never organized one myself. mofomat was just trying to point out that I'm some sort of Nazi (I despise the use of that word but this jerk thinks I'm one.)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 01:22:00 AM by Zoost »

Offline Manos73

• Numb
  • Stop trying to change the world, I like it.
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2014, 09:34:21 AM »

Cheap shot a******.

Nothing to tell, sorry. I was defending the practice of U2 fans trying to organize a fair and friendly GA line. I have never organized one myself. mofomat was just trying to point out that I'm some sort of Nazi (I despise the use of that word but this jerk thinks I'm one.)
The issue is that the "organization" is for the benefit of the few.

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2014, 10:04:19 AM »
Man if people were behind me in line trying to annoy me to move, I'd just sing really loud and obnoxious. Probably songs that they hate (AKA HTDAAB and Stand Up Comedy)  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline mofomat

• Refugee
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2014, 02:36:35 PM »

Cheap shot a******.

Excuse me? At no point have I used the word "Nazi" in this thread or ANY thread and I certainly haven't called you one. So you really should reel your neck in sunshine. And even if you censor your insult, it is still an insult. At no point have I resorted to calling you names. I suppose I must have a better education than you.

I was responding to the request as to what was done during the 360 degree tour.

As for a "fair and friendly" GA line, it's pretty clear that you're in the minority when it comes to fans creating a list with numbers. YOU seem to be the only one who cannot grasp the notion that first come first served is the fairest way of all.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 02:44:23 PM by mofomat »

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2014, 04:06:23 PM »
I used the word Nazi.  I was not directing at anyone specific of course, simply using it as a general pejorative for the GA stormtroopers.  Oops, there I go again.

Offline rcamu2

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2014, 04:42:23 PM »
I'm going to go give myself #1 tonight. I mean, I was there first and all.......

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2014, 07:29:22 PM »

Cheap shot a******.

Excuse me? At no point have I used the word "Nazi" in this thread or ANY thread and I certainly haven't called you one. So you really should reel your neck in sunshine. And even if you censor your insult, it is still an insult. At no point have I resorted to calling you names. I suppose I must have a better education than you.

I was responding to the request as to what was done during the 360 degree tour.

As for a "fair and friendly" GA line, it's pretty clear that you're in the minority when it comes to fans creating a list with numbers. YOU seem to be the only one who cannot grasp the notion that first come first served is the fairest way of all.

I have NEVER organized one of these lines myself.

I NEVER said it was a perfect system.

I have been to MANY U2 shows that the numbered system (and wristband system) was used in the GA line and organized by the Arena/Stadium (Elevation, Vertigo). And it worked.

I have been to MANY U2 shows that the numbered system was used in the GA line and organized by the fans themselves. And it worked.

All I am trying to point out is that it works. It is fair. You don't have to agree with it. If its used Ill be part of it, if not Ill take my place in line early and stay there all day.

Cant remember the thread, but you alluded to the fact that I was some sort of Nazi.

Yup, your better educated than me, quite obviously.

And I like being in the minority, I am when it comes to most things with U2 (favorite albums and songs). I am an individual personality with my own opinions and beliefs and I like it that way. You got a problem with that?

Offline mofomat

• Refugee
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2014, 03:29:17 AM »
I have been to MANY U2 shows that the numbered system was used in the GA line and organized by the fans themselves. And it worked.

And what about the numerous examples people have reported where these fan-run GA lines have been completely corrupt, with the organisers basically organising it so their friends can get high up on the list?

The fairest way is to get there early and QUEUE. There is no need for a list and people having numbers on their wrist. If you don't like the idea of waiting all day then don't take part. Simple as that! The number of people in this thread who don't agree with you should tell you something.

If I get to the opening night in Vancouver at 3 o'clock in the afternoon and then over the next three hours, people start appearing in front of me because they happened to get there earlier in the day to have a number put on their wrist, there will be serious trouble. And I mean that.

Cant remember the thread, but you alluded to the fact that I was some sort of Nazi.

NO I DIDN'T! 1) I would never use the word "Nazi" in reference to something so unimportant, as it trivialises what the Nazis did. 2) I never alluded ANYTHING with you. Maybe you should get your facts straight before you start accusing somebody of writing that.

Offline kango

• Desert Rose
  • I know I'm not a hopeless case.
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2014, 06:58:01 AM »
Well the number on wrist thing certainly bombed at Wembley! Anyone looking to do this in the UK next year please note… a queue is a queue. Inked numbers will have no relevance. Just sit back, enjoy your day and put your felt tip away.