Author Topic: "Camping Out" for GA  (Read 11185 times)

Offline GardenTart

• Elevated
  • Little and little they robbed and stole...
Re: "Camping Out" for GA
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2014, 07:24:18 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've had GA floor for 1 Elevation show, 1 Vertigo show, and 3 360 shows.

For Elevation - Philadelphia, my buddy was late picking me up at the bus terminal. We missed the opening band, but still ended up dead center, probably 30 people back from the ramp.

For Vertigo - Pittsburgh,  we went to get a number, went back to the car and had a few Guinness to pass the time. We returned at the time we were told to, and the line was a shambles. Nobody would let us into our spot, so we decided to just meld into the line. We ended up dead center, about 15 people back from the ramp.

For 360 - Giants Stadium NYC, we got there about an hour before doors opened. No number. Ended up 1 person back from the ramp on Adam's side.

For 360 - Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, we got there about an hour before the doors opened. No number. Ended up in the inner circle, both times, on Edge's side.

The queue is overrated. It's only there for the GA nazis to ensure that they get dead center at multiple shows... as if Bono wants to see their faces every damn night.

Not everyone wants to be in front of Bono......

Offline achtungx

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Lillywhite Called Me a Naughty British Slang Word
« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2014, 08:09:48 PM »

For Elevation - Philadelphia, my buddy was late picking me up at the bus terminal. We missed the opening band, but still ended up dead center, probably 30 people back from the ramp.

For Vertigo - Pittsburgh,  we went to get a number, went back to the car and had a few Guinness to pass the time. We returned at the time we were told to, and the line was a shambles. Nobody would let us into our spot, so we decided to just meld into the line. We ended up dead center, about 15 people back from the ramp.

For 360 - Giants Stadium NYC, we got there about an hour before doors opened. No number. Ended up 1 person back from the ramp on Adam's side.

For 360 - Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, we got there about an hour before the doors opened. No number. Ended up in the inner circle, both times, on Edge's side.

The queue is overrated. It's only there for the GA nazis to ensure that they get dead center at multiple shows... as if Bono wants to see their faces every damn night.

Sure seems like it. I would be willing to bet that the preference goes:

1. Center - Bono
2. Stage Right - Edge
3. Stage Left - Adam

Offline GardenTart

• Elevated
  • Little and little they robbed and stole...
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2014, 09:27:21 PM »

Sure seems like it. I would be willing to bet that the preference goes:

1. Center - Bono
2. Stage Right - Edge
3. Stage Left - Adam

True enough. But all I said was not everyone wants to be center stage.

Offline Manos73

• Numb
  • Stop trying to change the world, I like it.
« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2014, 09:47:59 AM »
I'm visually impaired and use a cane. I was pretty close (60th) in GA line for Vertigo in Phoenix. I can still see some. But when I got on the floor everyone rushed right by, knocked me around, and I end up pretty far back. I don't claim the visually impaired card on anything and demand special access. I just thought people would be nicer to someone in my position.

Offline Superstars

• Babyface
« Reply #94 on: December 27, 2014, 05:41:53 PM »

God, how true this is.

Admittedly, over the past few tours combined, I've spent several days of my life in line behind these "superfans" who cannot and will not attend a show unless they are front and center in Bono's face at every single show. Isn't that why the lottery system was previously used to randomly allow G.A. ticketholders into the inner circle? Bono apparently said he'd grown weary of seeing the same faces in front of him night after night. Yet the odd thing is he continued to reward these G.A. fanatics for their efforts by pulling them up on stage at almost every show. I don't get it....  Surely he recognized them and wasn't mistaking them for someone else. They have faces that are quite unforgettable.  :P