Author Topic: Main Sale tomorrow UK - Links  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Silver Lining

• Refugee
Re: Main Sale tomorrow UK - Links
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2014, 03:20:09 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

To be fair you are right, cheap seats are available too which are great value.

They do seem to be, though I've never been to the O2 so I've no idea what the view / accoustics are like.

But, I'll be finding out as I wasn't going to pass up on the chance of seeing them a 2nd time for that price especially if the reports about "different shows" are right.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2014, 03:21:44 AM »
Not sure why they let you select standing tickets when they clearly are sold out.

Use the AXS site it tells you on the drop down if they are sold out, just looked and there are 55 quid seats available for opening night

Been trying for seats on AXS for half an hour and it still comes up as unavailable when you select them.  I got a couple of seats from Ticketmater but they're over 100 each and up in the Gods.  Would've liked seats in front of the drum kit, and preferrably standing.  Then again, not seen U2 indoors since 2001 so...

Offline lazyboy

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2014, 03:23:12 AM »
Waited over an hour in the queue for Amsterdam. Said 30 mins waiting and  it's way over an hour...

Pretty sure they are long gone, sorry!

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2014, 03:24:09 AM »
Not sure why they let you select standing tickets when they clearly are sold out.

Use the AXS site it tells you on the drop down if they are sold out, just looked and there are 55 quid seats available for opening night

Been trying for seats on AXS for half an hour and it still comes up as unavailable when you select them.  I got a couple of seats from Ticketmater but they're over 100 each and up in the Gods.  Would've liked seats in front of the drum kit, and preferrably standing.  Then again, not seen U2 indoors since 2001 so...

Must be luck of draw keep going i know they are there seen them myself. In fact I suppose people browsing like I was does not help so I'll stop now. Get stuck in!

olimar

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2014, 03:24:14 AM »
Incredibly over an hour into the sale there are still tickets available for the opening night in London.

I'm not that suprised given the majority of tickets were in the top price band. It's a lot to ask people to pay any time of the year for a concert, but especially so a fortnight before Christmas.

I really wish the venues were a bit clearer.
I got tickets in the pre-sale for the O2 which are block 117. Given that the vast majority of the seating tickets are at 90 upwards to 165, Im wary that the tickets in the block next to it are just 30. Thats a dramatic drop from one block to the next and I wonder that the ends of the stage are going to be restricted somehow. If those tickets offered an unrestricted view, they would be 60 or more, surely?

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2014, 03:25:56 AM »
Incredibly over an hour into the sale there are still tickets available for the opening night in London.

I'm not that suprised given the majority of tickets were in the top price band. It's a lot to ask people to pay any time of the year for a concert, but especially so a fortnight before Christmas.

I got tickets in the pre-sale for the O2 which are block 117. Given that the vast majority of the seating tickets are at 90 upwards to 165, Im wary that the tickets in the block next to it are just 30. Thats a dramatic drop from one block to the next and I wonder that the ends of the stage are going to be restricted somehow. If those tickets offered an unrestricted view, they would be 60 or more, surely?

Don't know, but worth a punt at those prices.

Could get one for every night at the cost of one of the so called good seats....

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2014, 03:26:53 AM »

It's hard to imagine that the o2 can be sure which seats will be restricted view given the nature of the u2 stage which has not yet been built. 

olimar

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2014, 03:29:54 AM »

It's hard to imagine that the o2 can be sure which seats will be restricted view given the nature of the u2 stage which has not yet been built. 

How do we know its not yet been built? Id imagine its been designed by this stage (excuse the pun), because the last thing needed would be to have to re-design the stage set for some venues because they find out that seats they have sold as unrestricted are now restricted (or that they cant sell them at all).

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2014, 03:34:26 AM »

How do we know its not yet been built? Id imagine its been designed by this stage (excuse the pun), because the last thing needed would be to have to re-design the stage set for some venues because they find out that seats they have sold as unrestricted are now restricted (or that they cant sell them at all).

Well, I was speculating, you could be right.  It's just every arena is different so they'd need to do some precise calculations to work out which seats are going to have a restricted view.  Last concert I went to with a "restricted view" ticket was Kate Bush and my view was entirely unimpeded so I was bemused as to why the ticket had that status.

Offline Silver Lining

• Refugee
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2014, 03:42:04 AM »
Venues tend not to sell 100% of tickets precisely because until the stage set is built and in place they can't be sure which seats will have their views restricted.

Once the stage is in place in the venue they can then check and see. Often they find they can release tickets for sale at this stage (it is worth phoning a venue before a show if you want to go but it is "sold out" through normal outlets for this reason). Alternatively, it means they have spare capacity to move people should places they thought would be ok turn out to be restricted after all.

olimar

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2014, 03:44:23 AM »

Don't know, but worth a punt at those prices.

Could get one for every night at the cost of one of the so called good seats....

Cant argue with that. If they are prepared to sell them at all, then you know youre going to get a view at least. And in an arena, thats not going to be too bad.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2014, 03:47:34 AM »
It would have to be a pretty poor stage design to create restricted views in an arena, especially in a block that is dead centre head on and high up to a normal end stage set up for example. (I realise it may not be this set up but you get my drift)

Offline mofomat

• Refugee
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2014, 06:50:46 AM »
Absolutley NO chance of GA at the O2 in London BUT i can't be greedy im going to both Glasgow :D so i got a seat for 2 nights at the O2, Magic  8)

Hey why go for one standing ticket, when you can get two seats for almost the same price?!!

Because standing is infinitely better than sitting down.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2014, 07:12:24 AM »
Absolutley NO chance of GA at the O2 in London BUT i can't be greedy im going to both Glasgow :D so i got a seat for 2 nights at the O2, Magic  8)

Hey why go for one standing ticket, when you can get two seats for almost the same price?!!

Because standing is infinitely better than sitting down.

It is absolutely. That said gonna try something different at what is a bargain price.

Offline jules

• Stateless
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2014, 07:41:45 AM »
still tickets available here: