Author Topic: Are u2 beginning to suck live?  (Read 9991 times)

Offline erliga

• Stateless
Re: Are u2 beginning to suck live?
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2009, 03:58:50 PM »
OK OK, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
BTW, on closer examination of the lyrics, I believe No Line is something of an homage to Bob Dylan in parts.
- There are lines in breathe that reference Highway 61 revisited, the reference to St John Divine recalls All along the Watchtower also. Loose electricity - visions of johanna?
- Napoleon and Josephine are referenced in Like a Rolling Stone
- Get on Your Boots is somewhat reminiscent of Subterranean Homesick Blues

There are tonnes of others ringing a bell, I just can't place them yet.
I'll leave you with a line:
"So when you see your neighbor carryin’ somethin’ / Help him with his load / And don’t go mistaking paradise / For that home across the road"... and definitely don't help him across that road like a little old lady!

Offline Got U2

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • High People ! !
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2009, 04:44:12 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

.......Funnily enough the most intense mind blowing show I saw last year that stood up to U2 was Neil Young and he's 63. So I don't think it comes down to age, it comes down to passion and just how much they boys want it....

Ain't this the truth......

These are the Groups & people I like to listen to, and then
Gravitate to see " Live "

Most Passionate people get better at their craft with age

Offline latindrummer2112

• Refugee
  • my gig review blog ->latindrummer.wordpress.com
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2009, 06:29:41 PM »
Geeeze, it's called "live" for a reason. f*** ups are expected. They are human after all (although some of you may argue that haha). I think back to a quote by Geddy Lee of RUSH. He said "There are no mistakes, only new parts."  ;D

Sydney_Mike

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2009, 06:46:11 PM »
I'm with you M2 - the more we spread the rumour that they aren't worth seeing live anymore, the better our chances of actually getting a ticket. I like the way you think  :)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2009, 06:48:40 PM »
Are u2 beginning to suck live?

Actually ... Yes! They REALLY suck live at the moment, and that's sure to continue over the next 18 months. So, if I were you, I would definitely not try to buy any concert tickets, because they really do suck as a live band now. And will continue to suck. For sure.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D m2, Hawk & Joe always crack me up! Thanks for the laughs.

Offline ElJayVee

• Airborne Ranger
  • Love is clockworks and cold steel
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2009, 06:59:14 PM »
Are u2 beginning to suck live?

Actually ... Yes! They REALLY suck live at the moment, and that's sure to continue over the next 18 months. So, if I were you, I would definitely not try to buy any concert tickets, because they really do suck as a live band now. And will continue to suck. For sure.

Thank you for that Public Service Announcement, Matt!

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2009, 08:11:54 PM »
U2 on their worst day are still the BEST live band. 

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2009, 08:22:34 PM »
They got Boot's more than par at O2 and completely nailed "Breathe" in France..so no they are doing fantastic.  Not even on tour yet.

luieu2

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2009, 08:29:46 PM »
NO

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2009, 08:35:01 PM »
I'm with you M2 - the more we spread the rumour that they aren't worth seeing live anymore, the better our chances of actually getting a ticket. I like the way you think  :)

I like the logic!  What ARE the odds on this actually working?

Offline justinluey

• Stateless
  • "Dream Out Loud, at high volume" - Bono
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2009, 02:14:16 AM »
U2 on their worst day are still the BEST live band. 

Bingo. I know I'm in the minority but I like Bono's voice better now than the 80's. It may have been a little clearer and stronger then but I prefer the sound now.

The Obama thing was one of their worst live performances ever, and it was still great and better than most bands today on their best day.

I loved the Breathe performance, and they will be even better by the time the tour rolls around.

Bono has been forgetting and/or purposefully changing the lyrics from the beginning. I've always found it part of his charm.

TMaht

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2009, 04:38:18 PM »
Are you kidding me....You ever been to a U2 show???....If you say yes I might not tend to beleive you when you make a statement like that...Are U2 beginning to suck live...Let me get this straight....They play live in middle of january where it's F in freezing..They play on a rooftop where it looked quite cold....New songs....Tryin to figure them out and how they will play live...Would you rather have them sit in a KMart and announce tour dates and just go on tour with no marketing,no promotion or figure it what works and doesn't work...We had that tour it was called Popmart....Pop the album was never as bad as some think they just did a bleep job marketing it...No marketing to be exact.....From my own personal experience I had seen the 2 shows on the opening of the tour in 01 down in Sunrise,Fl and I had a blast but you could tell they were working it out....I thought that tour had great potential and it did...I had seen them many times after that...First time being in Chicago in May 01 and what great shows they were...One reason I suspect they decided to film the bomb there...So see them live and enjoy and judge from there if they suck not outside in the cold or a rooftop with new songs...

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2009, 09:47:19 PM »
They are awful. They are especially bad in Chicago so stay away from there.

Thanks.   ;D

Offline j2736 (i'm not a boy ! )

• Desert Rose
  • watch more television
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2009, 06:49:48 AM »
U2's performance of Magnificent in BBC Live Lounge was terrific! Bono's voice there was so beautiful! i love it! :)

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2009, 12:28:31 PM »
U2's performance of Magnificent in BBC Live Lounge was terrific! Bono's voice there was so beautiful! i love it! :)

Shhhhh. Keep that kind of stuff to yourself, j2736. We're trying to make it easier to get tickets. Shhhhhh. ;)