Author Topic: Are u2 beginning to suck live?  (Read 10001 times)

Offline spanner

• Numb
Re: Are u2 beginning to suck live?
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2009, 02:35:27 AM »
i think bono's voive is in fine shape.on the album it sounds better than ever and the live performances i've seen recently i can't see how its sounded that bad.it couldn't have been easy singing on the roof top on friday night but it sounded good to me :) the few performances of breathe have been great imo

Offline Malachi

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Is in cyberspace
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2009, 02:45:27 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
i think bono's voive is in fine shape.on the album it sounds better than ever and the live performances i've seen recently i can't see how its sounded that bad.it couldn't have been easy singing on the roof top on friday night but it sounded good to me :) the few performances of breathe have been great imo

I agree! From the crowd I sometimes found it hard to hear Him but thats simply a volume issue. As I couldn't even hear the edge very well. His though voice was brilliant.

Mal

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2009, 03:16:27 AM »
Dear Edge,

If you are reading this, then I suggest you make more dates and cheaper ticket prices in order to bring these "enraged" fans back. If you do take my advise, then you should send me tickets to these concerts. Or else one word: Sue  ;)

Offline Malachi

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Is in cyberspace
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2009, 05:40:47 AM »
Nielsen lol. Can you get a ticket for me aswell. ;D ;D

Lol

Mal

Sydney_Mike

« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2009, 06:36:25 PM »
Here's a thought. How about they start the tour downunder, so that they can iron out all the wrinkles and get their act together before hitting the USA and Europe in Magnificent form?  The music press and various critics will be oblivious because we are so far away and, really, I don't mind if we don't see them at their best. Their second rate shows would still put many other bands to shame.  :D ;) ;D

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2009, 06:08:41 AM »
U2 live performances can only go as far as the quality of the songs they are singing.

Boots is a lousy song, so naturally it would suck live.

Just some food for thought.

Cheers,

J

Offline spanner

• Numb
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2009, 07:54:08 AM »
U2 live performances can only go as far as the quality of the songs they are singing.

Boots is a lousy song, so naturally it would suck live.

Just some food for thought.

Cheers,

J
boots isn't a lousy song ! okay alot of us had reservations when it was first released but its sounds better live, as you can judge by the live performances over the past few weeks

Sydney_Mike

« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2009, 03:37:59 AM »
Seeing how they've turned 'good' album songs into 'great' live songs, I'm sure they'll refine Boots.

Actually, is there any song that they have ruined when they play live - none spring to mind

Offline iced

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • You don't see me but you will..I am not invisible.
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2009, 03:40:49 AM »
i think it's part of not getting any younger. i also miss Bono's original voice (80s sound). but, I still love him and the band! nothing's diminished. :)

That pretty much sums it up.  But this album rocks! The heart goes on...

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2009, 07:10:57 PM »
Never.

Offline justinluey

• Stateless
  • "Dream Out Loud, at high volume" - Bono
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2009, 07:59:18 PM »
Lock this thread. The average performance on the Grammys sent a few people into the panic. Since then they have hit it out of the park everytime.  I don't think Bono has ever sounded better then he does on this album and on Letterman.

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2009, 11:15:04 PM »
Its funny that after their Grammy performance everyone starts stressing and going into DEFCON 2 mode.  I think by time the tour starts GOYB will be played different and sound even better than these small shows their doing now.  So the answer is NO they don't suck live. 

Offline Lesmo

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2009, 12:52:51 PM »
Lock this thread. The average performance on the Grammys sent a few people into the panic. Since then they have hit it out of the park everytime.  I don't think Bono has ever sounded better then he does on this album and on Letterman.

Maybe but all songs sounded mediocre, and all them were too static... Even my wife yelled for the other side of the house "what's that??" sounds poor!"

BTW, I love you, jus in case :)

joegtheog

« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2009, 12:59:26 PM »

Maybe but all songs sounded mediocre, and all them were too static... Even my wife yelled for the other side of the house "what's that??" sounds poor!"

<starts up collection fund for a new TV for lesmo>

;)

Offline Lesmo

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2009, 01:02:45 PM »

<starts up collection fund for a new TV for lesmo>

;)

may I ask for a projector? I wanna see Bono's caries when he screams "LET ME IN THE SOUND!!"  ::)

Sorry mates, some of the tracks are ok, but just ok. others are average and just average. Only Cedars grabs me attention once it comes up on the iPod...

I feel they don't wanna be politically incorrect (whatever that means, now that I think of it) and that's a bit despairing...