Author Topic: More dates to be announced?  (Read 3866 times)

Offline aurabender

• Numb
  • dressed up like a car crash
Re: More dates to be announced?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2015, 11:00:07 PM »
Since they completely ignore half od the continental US, including some of the largest population areas in the country, i certainly hope they will add some one night shows at some point, or just add another US leg at the end of the tour.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2015, 05:35:58 AM »
They completely ignore 4 billion people in Asia too and have done for 35 years. Cry me a river.

Offline aurabender

• Numb
  • dressed up like a car crash
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2015, 09:16:29 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
They completely ignore 4 billion people in Asia too and have done for 35 years. Cry me a river.
The main point there being that they have done so for 35 years, so no real shock they would continue to do so, for whatever reason.  There decision to avoid key metropolitan areas in the US is new, even compared to their previous arena tours. As the schedule stands now, even if the sell out all there dates ( and I think they will, even if they have to give the tickets away) this will not be close to one of the top selling tours of the year, which is something they have  hung their hat on in the past.

Offline viclaurent

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2015, 04:13:12 AM »
My guess is that the following could be announced if LN follow the same pattern:
Denver June 3 & 4 / Dallas (or Houston) June 7 & 8 / Cleveland (or Pittsburgh) June 20 & 21 / Detroit July 2 & 3 / NYC July 30 & 31

Offline podiumboy

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2015, 06:46:46 AM »
My guess is that the following could be announced if LN follow the same pattern:
Denver June 3 & 4 / Dallas (or Houston) June 7 & 8 / Cleveland (or Pittsburgh) June 20 & 21 / Detroit July 2 & 3 / NYC July 30 & 31

Now THIS is the kind of thinking I could get behind!!!  GIVE ME TWO CLEVELAND SHOWS!  (although I'd be willing to make the very reasonable drive to Detroit or Pittsburgh too). 

I think the delay of the rest of the dates is because of this situation; the demand wasn't there for 4 more shows in LA, 2 more shows in Chicago or Toronto, so they're coming up with a plan B.  They were probably saving places like Denver, Dallas, Philadelphia, DC, etc for next years' stadium tour.  But I think what they're realizing is that there ain't gonna be no US stadium tour, demand is not there. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 06:48:52 AM by podiumboy »

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2015, 05:34:57 AM »

Now THIS is the kind of thinking I could get behind!!!  GIVE ME TWO CLEVELAND SHOWS!  (although I'd be willing to make the very reasonable drive to Detroit or Pittsburgh too). 

I think the delay of the rest of the dates is because of this situation; the demand wasn't there for 4 more shows in LA, 2 more shows in Chicago or Toronto, so they're coming up with a plan B.  They were probably saving places like Denver, Dallas, Philadelphia, DC, etc for next years' stadium tour.  But I think what they're realizing is that there ain't gonna be no US stadium tour, demand is not there. 
the demand is there but just not for the price they are asking.  300 dollars for most of the seats even in the upper levels is not flying with most people.  if they had the top price somewhere between 200-250 dollars I think there would have been quicker sellouts.  I think they and Livenation would have learned from this and adjust the prices for the stadium shows in 2016.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 05:36:51 AM by boom boom »

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2015, 08:02:54 PM »

the demand is there but just not for the price they are asking.  300 dollars for most of the seats even in the upper levels is not flying with most people.  if they had the top price somewhere between 200-250 dollars I think there would have been quicker sellouts.  I think they and Livenation would have learned from this and adjust the prices for the stadium shows in 2016.

I saw the 360 tour 2011 in Baltimore City, Maryland.  I paid $48.50 per ticket plus tax and shipping.  We had seats in the end zone behind the Claw.