Author Topic: More dates to be announced?  (Read 3864 times)

Offline achtung child

• Headache in a Suitcase
More dates to be announced?
« on: December 13, 2014, 08:24:13 PM »
Does anyone else suspect they'll add more dates for the cities announced.  I find it interesting there are two days of non activity in each city.  On the one hand it would seem logical they would be resting up.  But does anyone else suspect they will announce more shows in that block?  If anything, it's most likely they'll be back for a second leg in America in 2016.

Offline podiumboy

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: More dates to be announced?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 08:14:44 AM »
Yes.  I don't think any new CITIES will be announced for 2015 (except Dublin), but there will be more shows added to some of the existing cities. 

2016 is supposed to be a stadium tour.  My prediction is that tour will begin in spring/summer 2016, with the SOE album being released beforehand.  Stadiums in Europe and NA in the May-October months.  Then in late 2016/early 2017 we'll see shows in South America/Australia/etc. 

Offline Silver Lining

• Refugee
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 01:24:04 PM »
The overall pattern of the tour is a pair of shows, followed by two days rest. So don't expect any additions to that basic pattern.

But clearly there are some gaps in the schedule where additional shows can still be added for certain cities.

Offline Stephane1987

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 02:16:44 PM »
London should be an option for two additional shows, no?

I also think that Barcelona will get two more shows, as rumoured in Spain.

Offline Silver Lining

• Refugee
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 02:48:12 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
London should be an option for two additional shows, no?

I also think that Barcelona will get two more shows, as rumoured in Spain.

Yes, London and Barcelona seem to be the prime candidates for additional dates for the European leg.

There is a gap after Berlin, but there does seem to be a longer break after each month of shows so I suspect that gap is for a mid-tour break. There is also a gap after Kolne, but again that is probably for a longer break as that comes with one month of dates remaining.

Offline keaton

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 02:21:30 AM »
It doesn't look like they'll announce any more new shows this year. Maybe in January?

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 01:14:45 PM »
I don't expect to see any more North American dates added. I think they've pretty-well got as many out there as the need to have, unless they add different cities, which I also don't expect. The 2016 stadium run should be pretty exhaustive.

Offline keaton

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 04:16:01 PM »
In the European schedule there are still huge gaps and Barcelona sold out days ago... so maybe there will be new European dates but who knows.

Offline daviddevaul

• Wanderer
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 03:40:54 PM »
I think they'll add 2 in NYC.  7 months until the shows and only a smattering of pricey seats left for each date.  Easy money. 

Offline podiumboy

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 11:20:19 AM »
Somebody at interference said they're exploring adding shows in Portland, salt lake or Denver to make up for the shows that we're going to happen in LA but now are not due to lack of demand.  It'll be interesting to see if they add single dates in smaller cities,cause this tour seems built around doing the shows in pairs.  Also, $300 for upper level seats won't go far in Salt Lake City ,

Offline Superstars

• Babyface
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2014, 10:24:54 PM »
Somebody at interference said they're exploring adding shows in Portland, salt lake or Denver to make up for the shows that we're going to happen in LA but now are not due to lack of demand.

Wait, what?

They're cancelling some of the Los Angeles shows? When did this happen? Haven't heard anything about it. How did you find out?

Offline SoCalU2Lover

• Babyface
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2014, 12:11:30 AM »
Somebody at interference said they're exploring adding shows in Portland, salt lake or Denver to make up for the shows that we're going to happen in LA but now are not due to lack of demand.

Wait, what?

They're cancelling some of the Los Angeles shows? When did this happen? Haven't heard anything about it. How did you find out?

That post is referring to the 4 additional shows that were supposed to be added for L.A., bringing the total to 8.  If this is true, they may stop at the 4 already onsale.

Offline podiumboy

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2014, 09:26:46 AM »
Right, sorry to not be more clear.  The original rumor was that there would be 8 shows in LA and NYC, 6 in Chicago.  They clearly left room for 4 more shows in Los Angeles, but the sales were not as good as they thought they'd be.  I still reckon U2 can pull off 2 additional shows in LA, but they won't be able to get to their 8 shows.  If they're prices were comparable to Vertigo Tour prices, they'd have all sold out by now.  U2 / LN are going to want to play SOMEWHERE on those open dates to get the $.  The following dates are available, if the 2 days on / 2 days off pattern holds true. 

June 3-4
June 7-8
June 20-21
July 2-3
July 30-31 (likely for NYC shows 7&8)

While it's pretty common for U2 to take a weak break here or there during a tour, they aren't going to want that many holes in the schedule. 

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2014, 09:40:11 AM »
With as bad as sales are going in major cites like Toronto and with the opening 2 nights in Vancouver not even sold out yet I don't think any more dates will be added. 

Offline Superstars

• Babyface
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2014, 05:33:03 PM »
The original rumor was that there would be 8 shows in LA

Ah, I see. Thank you for clarifying.

Makes sense for the band to stay put as long as possible in one city and have the fans come to them. Good for business and less physically taxing on them, too.

Maybe in 10 years' time they'll set up residence in Vegas at a custom-built arena for a year or more at a time....  ;)